Managing Director | Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
550 S. Tryon Street
Bill Kerkam joined Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF) as a Managing Director in January 2016. He advises companies in the packaging and industrial space on capital raising, sale, and purchase transactions. Prior to joining Deloitte Corporate Finance, Bill spent over four years leading corporate development and merger and acquisition activities—both domestically and abroad—for packaging company MeadWestvaco. During this period, he worked closely with the executive leadership team while managing numerous acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic initiatives.
Bill’s transaction experience spans numerous geographies outside the US, including China, India, Western and Eastern Europe, Russia, and Brazil. He was also a member of the team leading the merger integration between MeadWestvaco and RockTenn, which formed WestRock in 2016, one of the world’s largest paper and packaging companies. He worked closely with the executive leadership team of WestRock with a focus on acquisitions after the merger. Prior to joining MeadWestvaco, Bill spent 15 years as an investment banker with two nationally-recognized firms, advising on sales and acquisitions in the general manufacturing space.
- Divestiture of beauty and personal care folding carton business based in Poland
- Divestiture of tobacco and general packaging folding carton business with facilities in Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, and Russia
- Divestiture of dairy packaging equipment business in France
- Acquisition of corrugated paper mills in India
- Acquisition of coated paperboard brand from large US public company
- Acquisition of US folding carton business from large public company
- US-based sell-side advisory for numerous general manufacturing businesses
Education & Certifications
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Executive MBA
- University of Virginia: BA, Economics
Transactions presented may include transactions for which DCF professionals provided services prior to joining Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC.
Packaging M&A update: Q1 2020
Deloitte Advises AGI Global Holdings Cooperatief UA in connection with its sale of AGI-Shorewood’s European Beauty and Personal Care facility based in Bydgoszcz, Poland to Mayr-Melnhof Packaging