Dubai Customs (DC) recently implemented a number of new and important Customs rules and controls to assist in increasing compliance levels. As a result of these significant developments, entities based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Mainland and Free Zone areas (Fenced and Unfenced), may be impacted.
On Monday, 12 July 2021, we held a webinar in collaboration with the DC. During this session, DC provided insight on the main Customs developments entities need to be aware of at this time. Our key Customs and Global Trade experts also discussed the key Customs compliance and obligation requirements that all Clients and Industries located in Dubai should follow. An in-depth look at the topics that were covered are listed below:
- Understanding the Customs Common Law in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the recent changes.
- What is Customs compliance? An overview from a UAE perspective.
- What are Post Clearance Audits (PCA) and what are the opportunities and challenges faced by the Dubai Free Zones and Mainland companies?
- Practical case studies that are specific to Dubai Free Zone and Mainland areas.
- What are your rights and obligations as an Importer/Free Zone company with respect to Customs, and what can you do?