Audit Committee Resource Guide
This guide helps audit committee members and management better understand the requirements, roles, and responsibilities of the audit committee.
Audit Committee Leading Practices and Trends
Assess audit committee practices and discuss agendas and other considerations.
Audit Committee Brief
A periodic publication that provides audit committee members with recommendations, overviews of corporate governance resources, regulatory and legislative environment outlooks, and technical updates.
Latest edition of the Audit Committee Brief
Issue 8 - August 2015
This issue of the Audit Committee Brief includes highlights on the following topics:
- PCAOB notes improvements in internal control over financial reporting audits
- SEC proposes clawback rule
- SEC confirms scope of whistleblower protections
- New IIA Research Foundation report outlines imperatives for internal audit
- SEC approves CEO pay ratio disclosure requirements
- FASB simplifies inventory measurement
- IASB proposes clarifications to revenue recognition standard
- IAASB amends auditing standards to enhance focus on financial statement disclosures
Issue 7 - July 2015
SEC and PCAOB take steps to enhance audit committee and auditor disclosures; How artificial intelligence can boost audit quality; COSO suggests three lines of defense to manage internal controls; New revenue recognition standards raise questions for the IRS; Internal auditors get a revised global framework to govern professional practice; SEC proposes executive compensation clawback rule; FASB decides to defer new revenue standard for one year; PCAOB’s Standing Advisory Group discusses standard-setting activities
SEC issues concept release concerning audit committee reporting requirements
Special edition | Issue 6 - July 2015
Following an increased focus on audit committee disclosure, the SEC issued a concept release on July 1, 2015, titled Possible Revisions to Audit Committee Reporting. The concept release seeks comment on the audit committee’s responsibility for overseeing the independent auditor, among other related topics. This special edition of the Audit Committee Brief discusses the SEC’s concept release and the specific requests for comment.
- Issue 5, June 2015: Recent developments
- Issue 4, May 2015: Recent developments
- Issue 3, April 2015: Recent developments
- Issue 2, March 2015: AQIs: Measuring quality through metrics
- Issue 1 January 2015: Highlights from the AICPA's 2014 conference on current SEC and PCAOB development
- November/December 2014: What's on your agenda for 2015?
- September/October 2014: Internal audit: Moving beyond Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- August 2014: Finance talent: Building sustainable leadership
- July 2014: Update on regulatory issues affecting audit committees
- May/June 2014: Technology at the forefront
- April 2014: The role of the audit committee throughout the M&A life cycle
- March 2014: The 2013 COSO framework and the audit committee
- February 2014: A new era in audit committee reporting
- January 2014: Highlights from the AICPA’s 2013 conference on current SEC and PCAOB developments
- November/December 2013: Top issues for audit committees in 2014
- October 2013: Navigating anti-corruption compliance
- September 2013: The era of sustainability disclosure
- August 2013: Cybersecurity and the audit committee
- June/July 2013: A voice at the table: Becoming more involved in the financial reporting regulatory process
- May 2013: The road to convergence
- April 2013: Charting the course: Audit committee annual activities
- March 2013: Understanding the CFO and CIO dynamic
- February 2013: Evaluating the external auditor
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.