Deloitte reSources Study Series
Plug into changing attitudes and practices on energy management
As a leader in advising energy companies, Deloitte, with strategy and market research firm Harrison Group, a YouGov Company, publishes the annual Deloitte reSources Study of electricity customers in the US.
About the reSources Study
The Study reflects our commitment to provide thoughtful views on significant emerging trends and developments. It does this by seeking to uncover the actions that businesses, as well as consumers, are taking to manage their energy usage and to understand what motivates them to adopt new practices and invest in new technologies. The Study also explores corporate commitment to energy management in terms of goals and capital investment.
Each year the Study captures two perspectives:
- The business portion is based on hundreds of online interviews with business decision makers
- The consumer portion is based on hundreds of demographically balanced online consumer interviews
Deloitte reSources 2014 Study
The Study gauges interest, perception, and receptiveness across regions and demographics regarding:
- Analysis of maturity levels for U.S. businesses energy management strategies
- Tactics for managing energy consumption
- Measurement, verification, and reporting processes
- Alternative and renewable energy choices
- Smart technologies
- Electric vehicles
- Perceptions of electric utilities
Deloitte reSources 2013 Study
Managing energy consumption and associated energy costs has become an important strategic discipline for American businesses, but this discipline is moving into new territory as economic conditions change and the energy marketplace evolves.
- What are residential consumers and businesses thinking and doing about energy consumption as the U.S. economy gains strength?
- Is corporate progress on energy management likely to continue as tactics become more challenging and require greater investment?
- What barriers are businesses encountering as they attempt to link energy management to overall business strategy and drive changes throughout their organization?
Deloitte reSources 2012 Study
The energy marketplace is dynamic, being continuously influenced by economic conditions, technological developments, regulatory requirements, and customer expectations and behaviors.
- What are residential consumers and businesses thinking and doing about energy consumption and provider choice as the U.S. economy shows signs of stabilizing?
- Is corporate progress on energy management likely to continue as the easier tactics are implemented and greater investment is required?
- To what degree are consumers actually interested in purchasing energy-related products and services, including emerging technologies?
Deloitte reSources 2011 Study
The energy marketplace is rapidly changing, despite the absence of a comprehensive federal energy policy.
- Which direction is it heading?
- What are business and residential customers thinking and doing about energy efficiency and choice?
- Where are the providers of energy and energy-related products and services making inroads and where are they not getting the wanted traction?