Analytics & Information Management
- Insight Strategy
- Data & Content Management
- Information Delivery & Automation
- Performance Management
- Advanced Analytics
Becoming an Insight Driven Organisation relies on the fundamental building blocks of People, Process, Data and Technology being in place and informed by an Analytics Strategy. We help define a strategy to embed data analysis and data reasoning into the decision making processes, using analytics to tackle the most complex business challenges. We uniquely blend teams with business, technology and science skills to impact CXO agendas by assessing strategic and tactical options to address key data and analytics issues, risks, and opportunities, outlining target state enablers, roadmap priorities, talent demands, investments and returns.
We help clients turn economic dials harder than ever before, using our Data & Analytics (DNA) Lab to help clients rapidly assess and implement priority use cases, applying innovative technologies and data science techniques, using their own data. Using best-in-class tools and technologies, we help clients derive value from a diverse ecosystem, exploiting innovation, new techniques, and exponential technologies such as Big Data, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, and Crowd Sourcing, for competitive advantage and operational efficiency.
We develop practical journeys with significant benefits, leveraging our data monetisation techniques to identify and implement opportunities to commercially exploit an institutions data assets to establish new revenue streams individually, or as part of a broader ecosystem of partnerships.
Our insight strategy offering encompass:
- Insight Driven Organisation
- Data Monetisation
- Studio & Lab Service
- Strategic Roadmaps & Journey Maps
Big Data & Content Management
Deloitte has helped many of the world’s leading organisations design, develop, and execute effective Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions for “structured data” to support business transformations, achieve regulatory compliance, and enable key business processes.
Technologies frequently used include SAP, IBM, SAS/DataFlux, Informatica, and Microsoft. Our EDM offerings encompass:
- Enterprise Information Strategy: Defining enterprise-wide strategy and roadmap for structured and unstructured data in line with corporate strategy
- Data Governance & Processes: Establishing the organisation, policies, and processes to effectively manage enterprise data
- Data Quality: Delivering solutions, processes, and governance to enable high-quality data
- Master & Meta Data Management: Designing and implementing solutions and processes for managing key data objects, such as customer and product data
- Data Architecture & Lineage: Defining systems, tools, and models that integrate with corporate infrastructure
- Data Migration: Managing and developing migrations from legacy applications to new applications, such as ERP, CRM, and DWH
In addition, organisations have a veritable library of information in the form of “unstructured data” residing in numerous documents, systems, the intranet, Internet, and more. Deloitte’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) practice helps you optimise and find new ways to create, manage, distribute, and leverage this data.
We assist with document management, knowledge management, case management, intranet and Internet, scanning and archiving, workflow, invoice processing, and integration of digital documents in existing applications such as ERP and CRM. Technologies frequently used include SAP, OpenText, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe, and K2.
Our ECM offerings encompass:
- Content & Records Management: Developing a content management vision and strategy, roadmap, and business case.
- Architecture & Tools: Developing the technology architecture blueprint. Advising on vendors and tools, or leading tool selections
- Transformations: Analysing, designing, and implementing technology solutions and processes for managing content. Working in multidisciplinary teams, we can also manage the transformation in processes, culture, and organisation
- Operations: Supporting organisations in their day-to-day ECM operations, or taking over the responsibility and operations for ECM solutions using our Application Management Services (AMS).
Information Delivery & Automation
How information is delivered to the intended audience plays a large part in how and when it is used. As data volumes get bigger, computers get faster, and analysis gets more complex, we help and enable employees, partners, and suppliers to collaborate better, work more efficiently, and ultimately make better business decisions through powerful, user-driven enterprise tools. We have the requisite expertise to acquire and cleanse structured and unstructured data in batch, real time and near real time velocity from an array of internal and external sources.
Cutting-edge technologies utilising data stores and repositories enable us to aggregate, enrich, process and efficiently supply clean data for analytical workloads unconstrained by structure. We leverage data discovery and event processing engines to detect patterns that represent business opportunities for analytics from traditional structured data and data streams such as weblogs and sensors. These tools enable the delivery of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical insights as reports, ad-hoc queries, dashboards for operational and management reporting at enterprise scale, making complex information and data sets understandable through rich visual formats that are insightful and actionable.
Our Information Delivery & Automation offering encompass:
- Visualisation & Data Discovery
- Virtualisation & Cloud
- In-Memory Solutions
- Data Integration / Ingestion
- Data Warehousing / Data Lakes
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is an integrated process of setting, tracking, and measuring individual performance objectives against organisational goals and competencies. No matter where you are in the life cycle of integrated performance management, we can help you implement technology solutions to gain transparency, efficiency, and functionality to run your business more effectively.
At its core, managing organisational performance isn’t a technology issue, it’s a business issue. That’s exactly the approach we take, bringing practitioners who possess business acumen, industry-specific insight, and deep experience in enabling organisations to measure and manage performance.
We provide a holistic, 360-degree vision for performance management, taking into account all functional and technical aspects. We offer custom-tailored, end-to-end services — from strategy to concept to implementation and operation — to address your most complex challenges around three core business capabilities: planning, reporting, and consolidation.
Our EPM offerings encompass:
- Performance Management Strategy
- Pricing & Profitability Management
- Cost Management
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial & Management Reporting
- Modelling & Decision Support
The power of data is in its interpretation. We work with organisations across virtually every industry, in critical parts of their business, to empower data through analytics. Analytics is about applying machine learning, predictive modelling, statistics, and advanced visualisation to data sets with techniques such as predictive modelling, machine learning, and text mining in order to gain actionable insights. Analytics supports decision making in the business domains of customer, supply chain, finance, workforce, and risk.
With Analytics Labs, we facilitate analytics strategy workshops, art-of-the-possible inspiration sessions, and brainstorm sessions powered by the principles of design thinking, using Deloitte’s Greenhouse/HIVE locations.
Our Advanced Analytics offerings encompass:
- Advanced Visualisation and Rapid Prototypes
- Natural Language Processing & Text Analytics
- Content Analytics & Predictive Content Delivery
- Real-time Decisioning & Streaming
- Machine Learning Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics
For advanced analytics, we use technologies such as R, SAS, IBM Modeller and Watson, Python and Fluxicon Disco, amongst many others.
Cognitive insight generation often involve complex algorithms which require a deep understanding of the client's business and industry, through segmentation,
360 profile, personalised engagement, predictive analytics, pattern recognition etc. We extract concepts and relationships from various data streams, text sources, and social media to generate new insights and find near real-time answers hidden within a mass of information through cognitive analysis and correlation.
Deloitte unlocks the potential to reshape businesses and entire industries with Cognitive computing. It brings together a host of emerging capabilities to emulate and augment the strength of the human brain. Cognitive automation involves augmenting human intelligence to automate complex knowledge and decision making business processes by “cognitising” high cost, specialist labour-intensive, and repetitive tasks. This enables employees to improve the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of service by seamlessly scanning large amounts of data for answers.
Using cognitive sensing and shaping, we are able to sense data streams, news feeds, and social media to perform intelligent strategy shaping based on Deloitte’s “10 Types of Innovation” framework, as well as identify disruptive trends before they happen by delivering relevant insights to the user based on the continuous, real-time analysis of data.
Our Cognitive offering encompass:
- Cognitive Engagement
- Cognitive Automation
- Cognitive Sensing & Shaping
- Cognitive Insights
Managed analytics offers a smart alternative to many of the challenges companies face today, including doing it yourself. By outsourcing the analytics technology—and insourcing an analytics mind-set—you can gain the capabilities and insights offered by leading in-house solutions faster and more efficiently.
Our managed analytics solutions encompass Build Capabilities and Managed Services, including but not limited to:
Build Capabilities - Develop the right operating models for Analytics, including the right processes, governance, methodologies and tools:
- Agile Delivery: Enable clients to embed an Agile delivery framework and approach within their organisation to execute iteratively and use nimble tools to allow stakeholders to see and shape solutions as developed
- Crowd Sourcing: Harness the power of the crowd fro innovation and expedite the pace of execution using an exponentially diverse resource pool of internal and external capacity
Managed Services - Outsourcing analytics matches the capabilities and insights offered by leading in-house solutions - but faster and more efficiently:
- Infrastructure as a Service: Secure cloud compute and storage infrastructure, sized to meet various scales of requirement, and support industry standard data integration and information distribution architectures
- Data as a Service: A cloud platform and services for managing data on demand; including sourcing, ingestion, cleansing, reconciliation, master data management, and controls