IPSAS/EPSAS services has been saved
Deloitte Brussels IPSAS Centre of Excellence: How can we help?
The Deloitte Brussels IPSAS Centre of Excellence provides International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) / European Public Sector Accounting Standards (EPSAS) financial reporting and complex accounting advisory services.
International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) are the public sector equivalent of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB). The move towards accrual accounting IPSAS in the public sector has the potential to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) globally and increase transparency and high-quality financial reporting.
The IPSASB’s mission is to serve the public interest by developing high-quality accounting standards and other publications for use by governments and other public sector entities around the world in the preparation of general purpose financial reports.
Go to the website
European Public Sector Accounting Standards (EPSAS) aims to increase the transparency and comparability of public sector financial accounting and reporting between and within EU Member States by developing and implementing a harmonised European accounting framework.
Eurostat is taking forward its work on EPSAS through the EPSAS Working Group, a first of-its-kind EU network of public sector accounting standard-setters, which comprises experts representing all levels of government as well as other key EU and global stakeholders.
Go to the website
How Deloitte can help
The Deloitte Brussels IPSAS Centre of Excellence is ready to act as your trusted advisor in all matters linked to public sector financial reporting (IPSAS/EPSAS). From the implementation of new IPSAS standards to complete IPSAS/EPSAS conversion projects, our team of experts will adapt to your needs to assist in translating complex theoretical requirements into workable solutions.
In this capacity, we will help you in addressing the strategic accounting and financial reporting challenges facing the finance function:
- IPSAS/EPSAS conversion projects and change management;
- high level diagnostic reviews of GAAP differences and impact assessments on IT systems, internal processes and accounting policies;
- assisting with drafting IPSAS/EPSAS financial statements, preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors;
- supporting with the accounting and reporting aspects of complex transactions, providing technical accounting advice;
- preparing detailed computations and managing projects such as: financial instruments, revenue recognition and related costs, leases, capitalization of internal use software and website development costs;
- delivering training solutions and interactive workshops discussing the implications of accrual accounting and IPSAS/EPSAS developments tailored to the context of your organisation.