International Accounting and Tax Consultant | Deloitte Belgium | Careers | Student opportunity in Accounting & Controlling and Tax has been added to your bookmarks.
International Accounting and Tax Consultant
Join our team of international professionals and help provide local accounting and tax expertise to large corporations to ensure statutory and direct tax compliance.
Who you’ll be working with
Tax lies at the crossroads of law, business and innovation so it’s subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our knowledgeable team of international professionals thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. With experts in various countries providing accounting, statutory reporting and direct tax services for firms doing business across the EMEA region, we’re a leading tax consultancy that ensures the statutory and direct tax compliance of our clients.
Join our team
What work you’ll be doing
- Prepare the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (US GAAP or IFRS) to local GAAP by producing statutory financial statements
- Help to prepare draft tax computations and returns which adheres to local rules
- Maintain bookkeeping records, assist with month-end closing and manage reporting activities for our international clients
- Support project managers by delivering accounting and tax services
- Look for possible issues and opportunities that are relevant to our clients’ business
How you’ll grow
- Through your work with our diverse client base, you’ll experience numerous industry sectors, governmental organisations and NGOs
- You’ll be exposed to, and gain practical hands-on experience in, all aspects of accounting & tax services as you work directly with industry and accounting experts which will give you an opportunity to specialise
- Building your experience and confidence in the tools and techniques will allow you to assume more responsibilities in the future
- Eventually, you’ll become an international accounting and tax expert
What’s in it for you
- You’ll grow your knowledge of accounting and tax through working in the field, extensive on-the-job coaching and internal and external training programmes
- You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who will coach you, many who are influential specialists at the top of their niche
- You’ll work on interesting and challenging assignments, both locally and internationally, that will inspire you daily with its diversity
Who you are
- You’re stimulated by a range of tasks in accountancy and compliance
- You’re versatile and have the ability to adapt to and work in a variety of organisations and in a myriad of functions
- You believe your hands-on approach, analytical mind and problem-solving skills are your greatest assets
- You enjoy collaborating closely with clients daily and supporting their business growth
- You’re open to change, creative and flexible, in both time and in distance
What is your educational background?
You have a Masters or Bachelors in an economic, accountancy, tax or other financial orientation.