Financial Sector Auditor | Deloitte Belgium | Careers | Student opportunity in Audit has been added to your bookmarks.
Financial Sector Auditor
Join our team and gain an understanding of the business, controls, accounting systems as well as individual transactions of our clients, and develop a wide array of services specifically designed for them.
Who you’ll be working with
Turning numbers into insights is how our team makes a real and tangible impact to our client’s business. We’re passionate about what we do because we know our role as auditors go far beyond checking figures and financials. Whether it’s working for companies in the Banking, Insurance or Asset & Funds Management industries, we take the time to analyse what the data means and determine its accuracy and relevance to each business and design services specifically for them.
Join our team
What work you’ll be doing
- Review and analyse financial reporting of companies by delving deep into the figures and providing insights
- Develop a thorough understanding for your clients’ business and the risks they face
- Build a strong relationship with the Finance Director, CFO, Risk Manager and Controller
- Play an important role in the valuation of investment portfolios
- Approve year-end figures, checking the balance sheet and profit and loss account meticulously
- Work closely with our Risk Advisory department as you review the risk management of organisation and use the outcome of their processes
How you’ll grow
- Working as an Auditor provides one of the finest and fastest educations in business imaginable as you learn all aspects of how organisations operate
- Your tasks and responsibilities will increase as you develop better relationships with your clients and gain more experience
- Become a leader of your own ´in-the-field´ team (2-4 people)
- Be the go-to person for advice when colleagues have questions
What’s in it for you
- You’ll develop your interpersonal and communication skills through collaborative relationships with the Finance Director, CFO or Controller
- You’ll gain a good understanding of business, controls, accounting systems as well as individual transactions of our clients
- You’ll learn invaluable aspects of the audit services, including statutory audits, consolidation, internal control & risk management reviews
Who you are
- You have an analytical mind, love details and can still see the big picture
- You enjoy investigating, interpreting and analysing data and turning them into insights
- You understand the importance of audit and business controls and the impact it can have on a business
- You are service-minded and understand that our clients’ success is our success
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic, flexible and are quality and service-minded
- You have a healthy dose of team spirit and love the diversity different teams bring
What is your educational background?
You have a Masters in (Applied) Economic Sciences, Management, Commercial Engineering, Accounting, Accountancy & Audit, Commercial Sciences, Finance, Banking, Asset Management, Actuarial or any other related (business) degree.