What is the Best Managed Companies programme?
The Best Managed Companies programme coaches and recognises privately controlled and managed companies in the country that are operating at the highest levels of business performance.
The Best Managed Companies programme coaches and awards privately controlled and managed companies in the country that are operating at the highest levels of business performance.
Best Managed Companies was established in Canada in 1993 where it has been run successfully ever since, and has become the country’s leading business awards programme. In addition to Canada, the programme has been introduced in Ireland, the Netherlands, Chile and Mexico and key markets such as Australia, France, Italy, the UK, the US and China are planning to roll out the programme shortly. Over time, there will be a global dimension to the programme to bring Best Managed Companies together across borders and to foster international collaboration in the private market.
Best Managed Companies is a programme aiming to challenge and recognise the overall strength of successful privately-owned companies, while guiding and recognising their leadership teams. The Best Managed Company title can be awarded for several consecutive years to the same company and the awarded companies will become part of a strong community of the best. The programme is based on a proven global framework in which management abilities and practices are assessed in the following domains: clear strategy, strong capabilities, company commitment and financial performance.
The programme is launched in Belgium in the autumn of 2017.
What makes Belgium’s Best Managed Companies programme unique?
- It focuses on Belgian privately owned and managed companies
- Recognises overall business performance and sustained growth
- Recognises the efforts of the entire organisation
- Measures more than financial performance
- Gives insights into best practices, which are shared during the application process
- Becomes part of a global community of Beste Managed Companies
Who can apply?
Companies wishing to enter the programme must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Turnover in excess of € 10 million
- Established for at least 5 years
- Over 25 full-time employees
- Majority stake (> 60%) owned by Belgian resident persons or entities
- HQ or major decision centre in Belgium (operations can be abroad)
- Fully compliant from legal, tax and ethical perspective
- Managing finances effectively, adapting to changing market conditions, over the past three financial years
The following organisations are ineligible:
Credit institutions, banks, insurance companies, co-ops, SEC (Securities and exchange commission) regulated companies (e.g. SEC registrants and their affiliates), Belgian subsidiaries of foreign multinationals, government-owned entities/public sector agencies, charities and not-for-profit organisations and their affiliates and subsidiaries
For more information on eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org