"During these unprecedented times as companies get more creative in response to the COVID-19 crisis, activating our Purpose is more crucial than ever before."
As a diverse and inclusive organisation, we can better serve all of our stakeholders. A good balance of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, but also academic background and personality enables us to improve decision-making, be more innovative, enhance employee engagement, provide our clients a wider range of skills, and further boost our contribution to the communities that we work and live in.
"We keep on building our simply irresistible organisation, even in these unprecedented times. Our values remain our compass and we took a people-first approach focusing on physical and mental well-being."
As a Purpose-led organisation, we aim to make a positive impact on our people, our clients and society through our core business, as well as our Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability initiatives. At the heart of everything we do is a set of Shared Values that serve as the basis for the decisions we make and the actions we take, enabling us to deliver impact.
"Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our talent and for society. It is not only a statement in our communication, it’s about amplifying our impact by embedding Purpose in everything we do. This has become even more important during these unprecedented times."
Our Mobility@Deloitte programme has inspired lasting change since it was launched in June 2018, and our other sustainability initiatives are also making a positive impact on the way we work and live. The average mileage per car has reduced by 25 percent, the number of bikes has increased by 23 percent, and our paper use is down by 70 percent. We remain committed to introducing innovative solutions to reduce our CO2 emissions by 25 percent by 2021, and offset the remaining 75 percent.
"In the past fiscal year, we have continued to focus on making responsible climate choices through various sustainability and mobility initiatives such as the introduction of more electric vehicles to our fleet and responsible mileage, a programme aiming to reduce the average mileage per car. Through all these initiatives we are well on our way to achieve and even surpass our goal to reduce CO2 fleet emissions by 25 percent by 2021 (excluding COVID-19 impact) and our commitment to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030."
Our teams of dedicated professionals take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. The relationships with our ever-growing network are built on trust, enabling us to be there for organisations, in times of prosperity and in times of crisis.
"COVID-19 had an impact on industries such as Consumer and Energy, Resources & Industrials: there was a decline in work for these industries because of the strict measures taken to contain the virus, with shops and manufacturers being closed during the lockdown and travel being restricted. Revenues from clients in the Government & Public Services and Life Sciences industries, among other, rose due to their key role in the developing crisis."
Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, FY20 was an exceptional year for Deloitte Belgium. We generated revenues of €607 million, a 7.4 percent increase compared to the previous year. In the first three quarters, Deloitte recorded very strong growth over all industries and business units. In the fourth quarter, we responded with resilience to the emergence of the crisis, able to meet the changing needs of our clients thanks to our broad range of services.
"The past financial year was a solid year for Deloitte Belgium. In the first three quarters, we recorded growth across all services and industries. The emergence of the pandemic inevitably meant a setback in revenues in the fourth quarter. However, we were able to limit the impact of the crisis because of our diversified portfolio clients and industries, serving the changing demands of our clients thanks to our broad range of services, our COVID-19 go to market taskforce and particularly an accelerated increase in digitalisation."