Department-specific courses on privacy
Enhancing department-specific privacy awareness
Privacy has become relevant for all departments of any organisation. Effective privacy awareness is the cornerstone of each privacy program. Our department-specific courses, which focus on how privacy is relevant for your department and what you should know specifically so that you can carry out your function in a privacy compliant way, can also be given in your company.
Company-wide good privacy practices are an essential part of good corporate governance
What makes this course different?
- Not just general theory but department-specific focus on privacy compliance
- Very hands-on, pragmatic and risk management approach
- Real-life examples and workable solutions
- Organised in your own environment
Non-privacy professionals who deal with personal data in the course of their daily activities.
HR specific course
What privacy aspects are relevant for HR professionals?
- Processing employee data is subject to data protection legislation. For example: workplace and email monitoring, whistleblowing procedures, retention of recruitment records, storage of employee records etc.
- Conditions for processing employees’ personal data are stricter and require a different approach. For example, consent is not always valid in the employment context.
- Your employees expect their data to be processed in compliance with applicable data protection legislation (e.g. use of social media in HR context).
IT / Security specific course
What privacy aspects are relevant for IT/Security professionals?
- Many personal data are processed through IT systems, which make these operations subject to data protection legislation.
- Not only accessing personal data is subject to strict data protection legislation but also storing these data. It is, for example, important to know where data are physically stored as data transfer restrictions apply.
- Security and privacy are not one and the same and sometimes one will endanger the other. This course will help you solve the security-privacy paradox.
- IT systems should be configured to respect individuals’ data. For example, access management procedures should ensure that personal data are only accessible on a “need to know” basis (“privacy by design” principle).
Sales & Marketing specific course
What privacy aspects are relevant for Sales and Marketing professionals?
- Processing data of customers or prospects is subject to data protection legislation. For example: using customer data for another purpose then intended, privacy/security risks with use of CRM-environment (in the Cloud).
- Marketing and profiling are subject to strict data protection legislation. For example, what access controls are needed to limit access to customers data, how to apply opt-out and opt-in in relation to marketing messages.
- Your customers expect their data to be processed in compliance with applicable data protection legislation (e.g. profiling/black listing of customers and prospects).
€ 4,990 per course (excl. 21% VAT) - min. 5 and max. 12 attendees per course)
|Location||Your company's premises or on-campus at the European Privacy Academy|
Other Data privacy courses offered by Deloitte include our Data Protection Officer course
For more information regarding any of the data privacy services and course offered by Deloitte, please contact:
Senior manager, +32 2 800 29 11, email: email@example.com
Partner, +32 2 800 23 36, email: firstname.lastname@example.org