This section highlights our sustainability aspirations and our progress towards meeting those targets.
Cutting down our emissions
Reaching net zero
By taking a look inward and addressing the main areas of our business that cause the greatest emissions, we’ve made great strides in reducing our carbon footprint.
A fleet of opportunities
In our journey towards creating a greener commute, we considered several programmes and incentives to make it easier for our employees to transition to sustainable alternatives that suit their lifestyle and our planet.
The best route forward
At Deloitte, we recognise the impact of our actions and are using this opportunity to proactively shape how we travel for business in the future.
A greener work environment
Beyond mobility, it is vital that we act sustainably in every aspect of our business.
Green our firm
Eco-friendly initiatives that reduce waste
In addition to the defined ambitions, we are working on eco-friendly initiatives focused around the following three areas: waste reduction, sustainable procurement, and green certifications.
Our key sustainability achievements (benchmarked to 2017) include:
- An overall reduction of CO2 emissions by 65% in the last four years.
- Car mileage per Deloitte employee is down 63%, predominately due to our transition to home-based working in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- At the end of the 2021 fiscal year, electric and hybrid cars made up 9.9% of Deloitte's car fleet, and we intend on having a fully electric and hybrid fleet by 2026.
- 99.6% less air miles flown per Deloitte employee, due to travel restrictions in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Residual waste reduction in our buildings is down 40%.