Labour Law Amendments
Law for Amendment and Supplement of the Labour Code was promulgated on 5 August 2022 and entered into force on 1 August 2022.
It introduces the requirements of Directive (EU) 2019/1152 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 on transparent and predictable working conditions in the European Union and Directive (EU) 2019/1158 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 on work-life balance for parents and carers and repealing Council Directive 2010/18/EU.
In this edition, we briefly present themain changes, including:
- An absolute ban on concluding an employment contract with another employer is no longer possible
- The employee can unilaterally propose amendments to the employment contract
- A maximum probation period has been introduced for fixed-term employment contracts
- Employers must comply with the new rules ensuring transparent working conditions
- Employees may require flexibility to balance work and family obligations
For more information check the Deloitte Legal Newsletter.