Mobile Consumer Survey 2017 | Deloitte Switzerland has been added to your bookmarks.
Mobile Consumer Survey 2017: The UK cut
State of the smart
The smartphone is a mere decade old, and with every year has become ever more integral to people’s lives. With each year, it has become more versatile, absorbing a growing range of functions, from communication to navigation, from breaking global news to memorising personal stories. And it is likely to be used even more intensively over the coming years, as its capability and utility continues to increase.
The seventh edition of Deloitte’s Mobile Consumer Survey: The UK Cut explores some of the key themes that this year’s survey has revealed, how they are affecting the mobile landscape today and likely to impact it in the next five years.
- 81% of smartphone owners were aware of at least one application that incorporates machine learning; 65% use at least one.
- 91% of surveyed 16-75 year olds used their smartphone in the last day, but some devices such as VR headsets have never even been used.
- 41% of respondents in a relationship think their partner uses their phone too much.
- 19% of respondents use their phone often for business purposes outside of working hours.
- 40% of smartphones were purchased online, compared to 34% in store
- 47% of 16-17 year olds surveyed stream films and/or a TV series compared to 2% of 65-75 year olds.
Explore the full report
Visit Mobile Consumer online