Deloitte Managed Services
Automating processes, managing services
Compliance with regulations is mandatory for financial market players. It is also non differentiating and increasingly costly. We believe that the solution to this problem lies in mutualising the costs of regulatory compliance across industry players. Deloitte has built a platform to enable the leverage of core compliance processes.
Regulatory Technologies – enabling the future
The level and complexity of regulation continues to increase. Whilst many regulators take similar approaches, there are often subtle differences which require country specific processes to be implemented. This is one driver behind the trend of financial institutions reducing their footprint, not just in terms of countries covered but also the markets they serve in those countries and the products and services they deliver.
Simply put, the cost of building and maintaining market-specific regulatory processes can create a significant challenge. Whilst the trend to focus activities continues, technology evolution creates new digital channels and opportunities to expand international reach, gain economies of scale and growth opportunities.
We are convinced that the answer is not avoiding the complexity of regulations but lies in smart solutions and mutualising the costs of regulatory compliance across industry players.
The Managed Services Core Pillars
The Deloitte Managed Services concept: In a nutshell
The Managed Services cube approach
Disrupting the way compliance activities are provided means to disrupt the way these solutions are generated. Deloitte Managed Services uses a framework that allows us to identify all relevant impacts of regulations on an organisation as well as to evaluate potential leverage of solutions between regulations.
The Managed Services cube approach
Compliance as a Service (CaaS)
Managed Client Onboarding & Monitoring
There is industry wide focus on the adequacy and completeness of the client information. As a consequence, financial institutions are asked to take a more proactive role in the collection and active management of “KYC” related information. It has become clear that there can be serious consequences for failure to comply.
The Relationship Manager (RM) holds the central role in ensuring quality data is collected from the client and maintained during all client interactions.
Deloitte Managed Services has therefore created the Compliance as a Service (CaaS) offering to support the RM in this duty during the entire lifecycle of a client relationship, provide confidence that all relevant data is collected and ensure that all necessary steps are performed.
It provides confidence to the Compliance Officer and the Board that the bank’s policies are followed.
Managed RegTech Solutions and Managed Services Modules
Deloitte has recently signed an alliance with Appway, a software development company specialised in the Financial Services industry. The purpose was to combine the best of both worlds providing solutions that ensure compliance, support when needed, and clarity in procedures to be performed, thereby delivering a positive user experience. Greater efficiency, combining leading technology with Deloitte’s managed services, enables you to improve quality while lowering costs. Furthermore, the alliance protects existing investments made by Appway user organisations, as the modules are designed to integrate easily into existing processes.
Four modules were developed in cooperation with Appway to support you with the following:
- “Concierge”: During the onboarding of a client, would your Relationship Manager and/or compliance function benefit from subject matter expert support?
- “ComplianceLink”: Are you looking for a more effective compliance function or to grow your business but missing the right compliance skills?
- “GetAware”: Would you like to receive more detailed and reliable information about your (potential) clients?
- “RegIntegrator”: How do you ensure that your client onboarding process remains updated and fully compliant with applicable regulations in different regions and/or in a cross-border context?
Find out more about the modules in our brochure.
What we are proud of
- Adding value to the Swiss Financial Market
We design and deliver solutions to our clients in the Swiss financial marketplace to make them more competitive through improved management of risk and cost.
- Reducing the cost of compliance by leveraging best-in-class technology
By partnering with Swiss technology providers, we build solutions that facilitate compliance with regulations. We strive for scaling effects to reduce the cost.
- Putting the Deloitte Network at your fingertips
We leverage Deloitte’s global network to bring the most knowledgable subject matter experts together for the benefits of our clients. Dealing with international clients means dealing with international regulations, which requires international expertise.
- Ensuring operational excellence
With our Centre of Excellence (CoE) located in Switzerland, we provide access to highly specialised employees that take care of your daily operations and deal with language and market specific issues.
- Adding value for the Deloitte Managed Services community
Our operational model is designed to enable flexible working models. By being an independent source we aim to increase stakeholder confidence across the industries.
- End-to-end solution out of one hand
- Access to best in class tools without the up-front investment
- Profit from CoE compliance support through hotline, etc.
- Receive support in how to interpret newly required regulations
- Deloitte Banking blog, Is Regtech “The next big thing”? – First part
- Deloitte Banking blog, Is Regtech “The next big thing”? – Second part
- Deloitte Banking blog, Banking is necessary, banks are not
- Deloitte Banking blog, Superbank – Wir sollten nicht nur darüber reden
- Finews, Superbank – Wir sollten nicht nur darüber reden
- Deloitte, Industrialisation in banking