World Economic Forum (WEF)
Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC) 2014
For more than three decades, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been holding its Annual Meeting in Davos Switzerland each January which is attended by leaders of government, businesses, academia and the arts. The Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC), also known as the "Summer Davos", was created in 2007 by the Forum to provide the leaders of high growth companies with opportunities to discuss with the leaders of established multinationals on topics that will help them realize their potential as future multinationals.
As a Strategic Partner of WEF, Deloitte played an important role at the AMNC 2014 by participating in a series of panel discussions, workshops and industry partnerships in addition to organising a special event for WEF delegates.
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2014
Date: 10-12 September 2014
Location: Tianjin, China
This year's Annual Meeting of the New Champions ("Summer Davos") engaged more than 1,500 leaders from 90 countries and regions who convened under the theme "Creating value through innovation", which integrated the following four pillars:
- Connect - By applying the latest tools and best practices to learn and lead in a fast-paced world
- Catalyse - By unlocking creativity and reducing complexity to increase strategic and operational agility
- Compete - By tapping into new markets and fulfilling unmet needs
- Contribute - By sharing how your business success drives social progress
Deloitte’s delegation was led by Gary Coleman, Managing Director, Global Industries. Other members of the delegation included:
- Clement Hung, Chairman, Deloitte China
- Chaly Mah, Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte Asia-Pacific
- Yoshio Matsushita, Partner; Chief Marketing Officer, Deloitte Japan
Deloitte, as a strategic partner of WEF, took part in panel discussions and activities to contribute fresh perspectives and insightful ideas to some of the critical issues facing businesses and the world today.
Session: Got Talent?
How do enterprises attract and leverage an increasingly social, local and mobile workforce?
Date and time: Thursday, 11 September, 5:15 - 6:15pm
Venue: Forum, Meijiang Convention and Exhibition Center
Moderator: Gary Coleman, Managing Director, Global Industries, Deloitte