World Economic Forum (WEF)
Deloitte's strategic partnership with WEF
For more than two decades, Deloitte has taken a leadership role in advancing the World Economic Forum’s objective of “Improving the state of the world."
For more than three decades, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been holding its Annual Meeting in Davos Switzerland each January which is attended by leaders of government, businesses, academia and the arts. The Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC), also known as the "Summer Davos", was created in 2007 by the Forum to provide the leaders of high growth companies with opportunities to discuss with the leaders of established multinationals on topics that will help them realize their potential as future multinationals.
As a Strategic Partner of WEF, Deloitte plays an important role at the AMNC by participating in a series of panel discussions, workshops and industry partnerships in addition to organising a special event for WEF delegates.
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2016
Date: 26-28 June 2016
Location: Tianjin, China
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is reshaping the economic, social, ecological and cultural contexts in which we live. Breakthrough technologies are merging the physical, digital and biological worlds in ways that create huge promise and potential peril. The speed, breadth and depth of this technological revolution are forcing us to rethink how countries develop, how organizations create value and even what it means to be human. Collaboration between the next generation of industry, government and academia will be essential to turn uncertainty into prosperity.
Under the theme, The Fourth Industrial Revolution and Its Transformational Impact, 1,500 business leaders, policy-makers and experts from over 90 countries will convene in Tianjin to shape a future of exponentially disruptive change.
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2015
Date: 9-11 September 2015
Location: Dalian, China
This year's Annual Meeting of the New Champions engaged more than 1,500 leaders from 90 countries and regions who convened under the theme "Charting a New Course for Growth". The leaders joined a three-day programme to:
- Discover and debate breakthrough innovations with leading experts and technologists
- Engage with a new generation of business innovators and research pioneers
- Advance innovation, productivity and trust through public-private dialogue
- Create opportunities for partnering and growth in China’s rapidly evolving economy
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2014
Date: 10-12 September 2014
Location: Tianjin, China
This year's Annual Meeting of the New Champions ("Summer Davos") engaged more than 1,500 leaders from 90 countries and regions who convened under the theme "Creating value through innovation", which integrated the following four pillars:
- Connect - By applying the latest tools and best practices to learn and lead in a fast-paced world
- Catalyse - By unlocking creativity and reducing complexity to increase strategic and operational agility
- Compete - By tapping into new markets and fulfilling unmet needs
- Contribute - By sharing how your business success drives social progress