World Economic Forum (WEF)
Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC) 2017
For more than three decades, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been holding its Annual Meeting in Davos Switzerland each January, which is attended by leaders of government, businesses, academia and the arts. The Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC), also known as "Summer Davos", was created in 2007 by the Forum as the foremost global gathering on science, technology and innovation. Nearly 2000 participants from 90 countries convene to address global economic, political, societal and environmental challenges.
As a Strategic Partner of WEF, Deloitte facilitated a key workshop at AMNC 2017 and in addition to this, organized a special event for WEF delegates.
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017
Date: 27-29 June 2017
Location: Dalian, China
WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 provided a platform to engage 2,000 leaders on the cutting edge of innovation, science and technology to build a future where entrepreneurship serves all of society. This year's theme was Achieving Inclusive Growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, designed around four sub-themes:
- Scaling Up Human Centred Technology
- Leading Continuous Reinvention
- Creating Sustainable Systems
- Responding to Geo-Economic Shifts
A senior delegation of Deloitte partners attended WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017:
- Gary Coleman, Head of Delegation, Managing Principal, Global Industry and Senior Client Advisor, Deloitte Consulting LLP in the US
- Paul Siu, Deputy CEO, Deloitte China
- Rosa Yang, Global Chinese Services Group Chairman, Deloitte
- Lily Sheng, Partner, Brand & Communications Leader, Deloitte China
Dr. Jeff Carbeck, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP in the US chaired the World Economic Forum's Global Council on the Future of Advanced Materials and was also be in attendance.
Deloitte, as a strategic partner of WEF, facilitated a workshop to contribute fresh perspectives and insightful ideas to some of the critical issues facing businesses and the world today.
Theme: Building Blocks for Innovation
Dimensions to be addressed: If the most innovative economies are the most competitive, then what are the characteristics and conditions that make these risk-taking enterprises successful?
This session is related to a System Initiative (Shaping the Future of Economic Growth and Social Inclusion).
- Andrea Bandelli, Executive Director, Science Gallery International
- Rintaro Tamaki, Deputy Secretary General, OECD
- Calvin Chin, CEO, Transist
- Davida Herzl, CEO, Aclima
- Marjolein Helder, CEO, Plant-e
Moderator: Gary Coleman, Head of Delegation, Managing Principal, Global Industry and Senior Client Advisor, Deloitte Consulting LLP in the US
Date and time: Thursday, 29 June 09:15 – 10:30
Venue: Dalian International Conference Center, IdeasLab
New Champion Entrepreneurs Dinner
Co-host: Deloitte and Caixin Media
Theme: The future of mobility: advancing towards a new business ecosystem
Date and time: Wednesday, 28 June 19:00 – 21:00
Details: Please click here for more information
- World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 successfully concluded
- Deloitte hosted New Champion Entrepreneurs Dinner
- Deloitte delegation meets with Dalian Vice Mayor
- Deloitte's news in WEF's Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017
- Deloitte's Gary Coleman: The impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Deloitte's thought leadership reports for WEF's Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017
- Deloitte at previous WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions
- World Economic Forum (WEF) official website