World Economic Forum (WEF)
Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC) 2015
For more than three decades, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been holding its Annual Meeting in Davos Switzerland each January which is attended by leaders of government, businesses, academia and the arts. The Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC), also known as the "Summer Davos", was created in 2007 by the Forum to provide the leaders of high growth companies with opportunities to discuss with the leaders of established multinationals on topics that will help them realize their potential as future multinationals.
As a Strategic Partner of WEF, Deloitte played an important role at the AMNC 2015 by participating in a series of panel discussions, workshops and industry partnerships in addition to organising a special event for WEF delegates.
Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2015
Date: 9-11 September 2015
Location: Dalian, China
This year's Annual Meeting of the New Champions engaged more than 1,500 leaders from 90 countries and regions who convened under the theme "Charting a New Course for Growth". The leaders joined a three-day programme to:
- Discover and debate breakthrough innovations with leading experts and technologists
- Engage with a new generation of business innovators and research pioneers
- Advance innovation, productivity and trust through public-private dialogue
- Create opportunities for partnering and growth in China’s rapidly evolving economy
Deloitte’s delegation was led by Gary Coleman, Global Industry Adviser, Deloitte. Other members of the delegation included:
- Dr. Jeffrey Carbeck, Specialist Leader, Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, DC Innovations, Deloitte
- Duane Dickson, Global and US Chemicals Sector Leader, Deloitte
- Paul Siu, Managing Partner for Clients, Industries & Markets, Deloitte China
- Rosa Yang, Chairman of Global Chinese Services Group, Deloitte China
- Yoshio Matsushita, Partner, Deloitte Japan
- Dr. Martyn Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Advisory Pty Ltd
Deloitte, as a strategic partner of WEF, took part in panel discussions and activities to contribute fresh perspectives and insightful ideas to some of the critical issues facing businesses and the world today.
Session: The Innovation Playbook: How do innovative businesses maintain their edge?
- Disrupting existing business models
- Fostering action and agile leadership
- Investing in growth and expansion
Moderator: Gary Coleman, Global Industry Adviser, Deloitte
Date and time: Wednesday, 9 September, 9:00 – 10:00am
Venue: Dalian International Conference Center – Arena
- World Economic Forum (WEF) main page
- Press release: China’s Manufacturers need heightened effort and integrated approach for adopting information technology in the Industry 4.0 transformation
- Gary Coleman's insights: Boosting productivity: to the innovative go the spoils?
- Watch live webcast: Gary Coleman's "The Innovation Playbook" session at the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2015