Construction, infrastructure and engineering
Building the best and unique insights
We serve real estate brokers, chartered surveyors and construction companies.
Opportunities and challenges
The Chinese real estate construction sector is well-developed, with the market having grown steadily over recent years. However the changing financing and tax rules have created challenges for construction companies.
Issues to be considered by construction companies should generally include:
- cash flow risks associated with the acquisition of land reserves and expansion of construction projects
- accuracy of cash flow projections and timely collection of project progress payments
- financial impacts of the fluctuation of costs and availability of construction materials while maintaining quality deliverables
- risk of failing to obtain necessary government approvals for any property development
- alignment of project stakeholder interests in supporting the project development, especially those of controlling shareholders, project sponsors, and project partners.
How Deloitte can help
Our specialised professionals work with many key public and private construction and engineering companies and state-owned enterprises. We support them with the full range of our expertise in audit, tax, financial advisory, consulting and enterprise risk services throughout the project lifecycle, from strategy and inception through to funding, procurement and delivery. Our experienced specialists tailor fully integrated professional solutions to help companies achieve their financial and business goals.
In Hong Kong, we audit the largest market share of construction companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Click here to learn more about our services.