Industrial Products & Services Publications
We regularly publish thought leadership to help our clients understand the ever-changing industry. With a dedicated team of professionals focused on research, analysis and reporting, we aim at providing you with insightful industry perspectives.
- Industry 4.0 and the digital twin - Manufacturing meets its match
In this paper, we describe the digital twin—its definition, the way it can be created, and discuss how it could drive value, its typical applications in the real world, and how a company can prepare for the digital twin planning process.
- The smart factory - Responsive, adaptive, connected manufacturing
In this paper, we describe the concept and key features of the smart factory, and discuss how the smart factory can drive value and realize benefits, and provide suggestions on how organizations can take steps to build a true smart factory.
- Industry 4.0 and cybersecurity - Managing risk in an age of connected production
In this paper, we examine the production life cycle — from digital supply network, to the smart factory, and finally to the connected object, focusing on the unique cyber risks faced by each.
- 2017 Global aerospace and defense sector financial performance study
This analysis provides a detailed understanding of how the global A&D sector is performing and how the sub-segments are performing relative to each other.
- From Interpretation to Prediction - Unleashing the Value of the Industrial Internet of Things
Recognizing the huge potential of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the industrial field, Deloitte surveyed 156 Chinese manufacturers to explore the present state, future trends and challenges of industrial IoT applications, including IoT solutions users and providers, and compiled this report.
- 2017 Global aerospace and defense sector outlook
The report reviews the sector’s performance in 2016 and outlines a projection for aircraft production for 2017 and beyond, as well as defense spending by major countries.
- 2016 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index
The results of the 2016 study clearly show the ongoing influence manufacturing has on driving global economies. From its influence on infrastructure development, job creation, and contribution to gross domestic product (GDP) on both an overall and per capita basis, a strong manufacturing sector creates a clear path toward economic prosperity.
- Service innovations in China's industrial machinery sector
The report draws upon the findings from a survey with 198 machinery manufacturers and interviews with senior executives on their companies' service innovation efforts in order to gain a clear picture on where service innovation stands in most of the manufacturing companies in China.
- Transforming from "world factory" to "smart manufacturing”
An overview of the development of smart manufacturing in China based on survey findings of nearly 200 manufacturers with perspectives from both manufacturing and application of smart equipment, as well as executive interviews and secondary research
- State of China Manufacturing (2013 Q2)
By combining three levels of analysis covering macroeconomics to sub-industries, the report provides a more timely & accurate view on the state of China's manufacturing sector, revealing early signals for upcoming demand surge, changing market direction.
- Five strategic choices facing China's construction machinery industry
Strategic choices for China's construction machinery companies to compete in an uncertain market environment
- A new stage for overseas expansion of China’s equipment manufacturing industry
An in-depth understanding of the development trends of overseas M&As in the Chinese Equipment Manufacturing Industry and critical factors influencing M&As