170901 - Clean Energy Industry Report 2017 | Deloitte China | TMT Industry has been added to your bookmarks.
Clean Energy Industry Report 2017
With the development of Clean Energy Industry in recent years, policies have been made to encourage social capital to invest in energy and strengthen the independent adjustment of clean energy market. As China's energy consumption has slowed down while structural optimization expedites along with globally rapid changing energy landscape and climate, the energy industry has changed from extensive production into a higher quality and efficient production model. Energy restructuring and promoting wide application of clean energy have become the keys in China's energy development policies at the current stage.
In Deloitte's newly published report of Clean Energy Industry Report 2017, we mainly probe into the prospects of the clean energy industry, covering the sectors of solar energy, wind energy, new energy vehicles, solid waste treatment and disposal, water treatment as well as the new technology for energy saving and environmental protection, and further demonstrate the current situation, opportunities and challenges and future trends within the industry.
Viewpoints / key findings
Trend one: Solar energy
- The industry is maturing to reach the stage of quality optimization, solar power has begun to take shape with the installed capacity ranking global No.1; and the distributed PV may develop rapidly in China; industrial chain has been improved with reduced cost and price.
- Industry combination will be driven forward by policies, PV industry grows together with traditional industries so that to create multiple benefits for the society.
Trend two: Wind energy
- Growth of new installed capacity of wind power remained at a relatively stable level, with total capacity reached 486.7GW globally; with differentiated development between curtailment and non-curtailment regions, the pattern of wind power generator manufacturing industry has been optimized; complete wind power industry chain has been gaining ground, manufacturers from mid-stream will have greater voice and bargaining power, and leading enterprises will gain greater advantages.
- Offshore wind power embraces growth through the encouragement of government policies, its strong sustainable profitability will attract more wind power enterprises.
Trend three: New energy vehicles
- Vehicle market may undergo profound integration and transformation, the sales structure may be further adjusted.
- Power battery industry is prospective but may face technology reshuffle, the industry chain tends to be centralized and high-end.
Trend four: Solid waste treatment and disposal
- More and more industry supporting policies have been made to promote the solid waste treatment and disposal to develop into the golden age, therefore various segments will open up market opportunities gradually under such environment.
- Hazardous waste industry is booming, but high entry barriers and capacity underutilization of hazardous waste enterprises restrict the industry development.
Trend five: Water treatment
- Water treatment industry remains prosperous to improve water treatment system.
- The narrow sense of water treatment is shifting into the broad one, sludge treatment and urban black and malodorous water treatment will develop rapidly.
Trend six: New technology for energy saving and environmental protection
- Building energy efficiency grows fast, embracing favourable policies for nearly zero-energy buildings, which will drive the development of many green building materials.
- Energy-efficient appliance becomes new development trend.
- Sales soar makes air purifier industry enter into fast development period, furthermore, official implementation of national standards will help air purifier industry step into new development stage.