Deloitte - UCY Placement Program
Jump-Start Your Career
- What do we offer?
- What’s in it for you?
- Will you be offered a place?
- Who can join?
- What are the next steps?
An innovative program in cooperation with the Accounting and Finance Department of the University of Cyprus and ICAEW, which gives you the unique opportunity to gain practical experience and an invaluable insight into working life. It is a great way of getting a feel for the career opportunities available at Deloitte.
The program allows you to gain real life experience in our Audit department in our Nicosia and Limassol offices, with direct access to exciting, complex projects and major clients. A paid 5-month, full-time program, from January to May, open to those of you who are interested to pursue the ACA Qualification, after your studies.
What do we offer?
- Structured program with plenty of support, training and resources
- Comprehensive induction training together with our new graduate intake
- Designated buddy who will act as your contact person for any queries and show you the ropes
- Real project experience and client exposure from day one
- An unrivalled client list
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry, and collaborate with an international network of Deloitte professionals
- The chance to collaborate with an international network of experts
- Market-leading salary and benefits
- Focus on ideas and innovation
- Technical and business skills training
- Possible permanent job offer in your pocket for when you graduate
What’s in it for you?
- Join our engagement teams, taking on a role that’s the same as our 1st year graduates
- Get a practical understanding of the profession, enabling you to make informed decisions for your future
- Work directly with clients and establish meaningful relationships from day one
- Participate in actual projects, getting your teeth into some complex business problems, gaining insights into several industries
- Develop in-depth business skills
- Gain invaluable insight into working life at Deloitte
- Boost your employability
- Increase your employment prospects for our ACA trainee scheme
- Start working towards the ICAEW’s membership requirements, since this 5-month placement will count towards the practical work experience required for the ACA qualification
Will you be offered a place?
The placement is designed to give you in-depth business skills and an insight into a professional career with Deloitte. It could certainly lead to a permanent position. If you do well throughout the placement and the various assessment milestones, you could receive an employment offer for our ACA Graduate Program. Students who will obtain such an offer at the end of their placement, will also be given the option to participate in the Placement Program in their 4th Year, as well, with double the salary.
Who can join?
The entry requirements that we consider are:
- The Program is open to 3rd year students of the Accounting & Finance Department of the University of Cyprus
- Secondary Education: Minimum grade 18 or Α,Β,Β in Α Levels
- UCY: GPA of 7,5 (7,25 if 5 or more exemptions)
- A mix of skillset is key for a successful career in this field. We look for:
- Influencing skills
- Innovative thinking
- Leadership Characteristics
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Ambition and drive
- Involvement in University and Community life
What are the next steps?
Application and Assessment Process
Here is how we find out if you have what it takes to make it at our Deloitte - UCY Placement Program. Of course, you’ll need more than good grades to make the most of this opportunity. If you’re fascinated by business and curious to find out what a career at Deloitte could offer, the Deloitte – UCY Placement Program is for you.
Attending the Placement Program during your 3rd year of studies:
Tell us about your education, experience and ambitions. Our application form is simple to complete. We will ask for your personal details and your educational achievements (have your qualification details at hand before you begin, including all your grades).
Deadline for the 2020 Placement Program: 7 April 2019
Step 2: Online Tests
Complete our numerical ability and critical thinking tests. All of the questions have been carefully designed to assess the key strengths that are important for success at Deloitte.
Step 3: Interview
Competency-based interview, for us to meet you and for you to meet us. This is focused on your motivations for the program and business area.
Assessment During the Placement Program
Throughout the program, we adopt a holistic assessment approach for determining if you will be extended an employment offer.
- Personality Test
The purpose is to gauge how you respond across a range of situations. We’re assessing the key strengths you’ll need to succeed here, so it’s really important to answer as honestly as possible.
- Performance Assessment
We will ask the people with whom you will be working to provide feedback about your strengths and abilities and a recommendation as to whether an employment offer should be made.
Potential-based interview with members from the Senior Management Team of the HR and Audit Departments.