Deloitte - UCY Placement Program
Jump-Start Your Career
- What do we offer?
- What’s in it for you?
- Will you be offered a place?
- Who can join?
- What are the next steps?
An innovative program in cooperation with the Accounting and Finance Department of the University of Cyprus and ICAEW, which gives you the unique opportunity to gain practical experience and an invaluable insight into working life. It is a great way of getting a feel for the career opportunities available at Deloitte.
The program allows you to gain real life experience in our Nicosia and Limassol offices, with direct access to exciting, complex projects and major clients. A paid 5-month, full-time program, from January to May, open to those of you who are interested to pursue the ACA Qualification, after their studies.
What do we offer?
- Structured program with plenty of support, training and resources
- Comprehensive induction training together with our new graduate intake
- Designated buddy who will act as your contact person for any queries and show you the ropes
- Real project experience and client exposure from day one
- An unrivalled client list
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry, and collaborate with an international network of Deloitte professionals
- The chance to collaborate with an international network of experts
- Market-leading salary and benefits
- Focus on ideas and innovation
- Technical and business skills training
- Possible permanent job offer in your pocket for when you graduate
What’s in it for you?
- Join our engagement teams, taking on a role that’s the same as our 1st year graduates
- Get a practical understanding of the profession, enabling you to make informed decisions for your future
- Work directly with clients and establish meaningful relationships from day one
- Participate in actual projects, getting your teeth into some complex business problems, gaining insights into several industries
- Develop in-depth business skills
- Gain invaluable insight into working life at Deloitte
- Boost your employability
- Increase your employment prospects for our ACA trainee scheme
- Start working towards the ICAEW’s membership requirements, since this 5-month placement will count towards the practical work experience required for the ACA qualification
Will you be offered a place?
The placement is designed to give you in-depth business skills and an insight into a professional career with Deloitte. It could certainly lead to a permanent position. If you do well throughout the placement and the various assessment milestones, you could receive an employment offer for our ACA Graduate Program. Students who will obtain such an offer at the end of their placement, will also be given the option to participate in the Placement Program in their 4th Year, as well, with double the salary.
Who can join?
The entry requirements that we consider are:
- The Program is open to 3rd year students of the Accounting & Finance Department of the University of Cyprus
- GPA of 7,5 (7,25 if 5 or more exemptions)
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to understand and integrate new technologies
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Excellent analytical skills Interpretation, evaluation and lateral thinking – especially important when it comes to analyzing vast amounts of data and formulating the most suitable advise based on the information available
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written
- Able to express complicated matters in the simplest form and as clearly as possible
What are the next steps?
Application and Assessment Process
Here is how we find out if you have what it takes to make it at our Deloitte - UCY Placement Program. Of course, you’ll need more than good grades to make the most of this opportunity. If you’re fascinated by business and curious to find out what a career at Deloitte could offer, the Deloitte – UCY Placement Program is for you.
Attending the Placement Program during your 3rd year of studies:
Tell us about your education, experience and ambitions. Our application form is simple to complete. We will ask for your personal details and your educational achievements (have your qualification details at hand before you begin, including all your grades). Attach all mandatory information for a quicker process.
Deadline for the 2020 Placement Program: 31 October 2019
Step 2: Online Tests
If you meet the minimum entry requirements, you will be invited to take two online tests - verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning. The tests take approximately 20 minutes each and you will be given the chance to complete some practice tests beforehand.
Step 3: Interview
If you pass the tests, you will attend a competency-based interview with the HR Department, for us to meet you and for you to meet us.
Assessment During the Placement Program
Throughout the program, we adopt a holistic assessment approach for determining if you will be extended an employment offer.
- Personality Test
The purpose is to gauge how you respond across a range of situations. We’re assessing the key strengths you’ll need to succeed here, so it’s really important to answer as honestly as possible.
- Performance Assessment
We will ask the people with whom you will be working to provide feedback about your strengths and abilities and a recommendation as to whether an employment offer should be made.
- 2nd Interview
Potential-based interview with members from the Senior Management Team of the HR and the Service Lines. This will be the final interview which will determine whether you will be offered a position in our subsidized Trainee Schemes.