Deloitte - UCY Accelerate.D Program
Give your future a trial run!
- What’s in it for you?
- Will you be offered a place?
- Who can join?
- What are we looking for in a candidate?
Imagine trying out a career for 5 months before you commit. This program is a great way to make sure you’re on the right path.
An innovative program in collaboration with the University of Cyprus and ICAEW, which gives you the unique opportunity to gain practical experience and an invaluable insight into working life, while completing your undergraduate studies.
- A paid 5-month, full-time program, from January to May
- You’ll be a key part of our team - training and working alongside our first-year graduate intake
- Designated buddy who will act as your contact person and show you the ropes
- Real project experience and client exposure from day one
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry, and collaborate with an international network of Deloitte members
- Possible permanent job offer in your pocket for when you graduate
What’s in it for you?
The people you’ll work with. The incredible opportunities on offer. The sort of work you’ll do. You’ll watch, learn, participate, and network.
- Get a practical understanding of the profession, enabling you to make informed decisions for your future
- Work directly with clients and establish meaningful relationships from day one
- Participate in actual projects, getting your teeth into some complex business problems, gaining insights into several industries
- The professional experience you will gain with Deloitte will count towards the practical work experience required for the ACA qualification, being only 1.5 year away from completion
- Boost your employability.
- At the end of the 5-month period, successful students will be offered a place on our graduate training program and be provided with the opportunity to attend a second placement program during year four.
- But, it’s not all about what we think of you, this is just as much about you getting to know us — during your placement you’ll get a real feel for who we are and if we’re the right fit for you.
Will you be offered a place?
The placement is designed to give you in-depth business skills and an insight into a professional career with Deloitte. It could certainly lead to a permanent position. If you do well throughout the placement and the various assessment milestones, you could receive an employment offer for our Graduate Training Program. Students who will obtain such an offer at the end of their placement, will also be given the option to participate in the Placement Program in their 4th Year.
Who can join?
The Program is open to 3rd year undergraduate students of the Accounting & Finance Department of the University of Cyprus, with a GPA of 7,5 (7,25 if 5 or more exemptions).
What are we looking for in a candidate?
While grades are important, to make the most of this opportunity and flourish in your career, additional factors come into play! We are looking for:
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change