Financial Times & Deloitte Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Conference
Industry-leading event brings together life science companies, their health industry counterparts and emerging new industry entrants to review the key challenges facing the industry, and the business models and transformation strategies that will be needed to survive and thrive in an industry in flux.
15-16 November, 2016 | Marriott Grosvenor Square | London
- Deloitte sessions
- Discussed at FT Pharma Bio
- Scheduled speakers
- Deloitte's thought leadership
Transformational shifts in healthcare markets herald challenges as well as opportunities ahead for the global life science sector. Considerations around value and outcomes of drug and other medical interventions are becoming a part of the fabric of the sector as health technology assessment and integrated care models gain traction in a growing number of markets. Some 15 years after the sequencing of the human genome, renewed efforts are under way to ensure that the vision of personalized healthcare becomes a reality, whilst the pace of digital health innovations continues, offering both new opportunities to engage with patients and also new competitors in the shape of data savvy companies increasingly encroaching in pharma’s traditional space. The new reality for life sciences companies is a blurring of traditional industry boundaries, and a need to collaborate at an unprecedented rate.
- On 15 November at 1:40pm, join Mike Standing, Deloitte EMEA Regional Leader for Life Sciences and Health Care, as he discusses how life sciences companies are facing profound strategic choices on how to capture more value from their medical interventions and how to fundamentally de-risk their business models.
- On 16 November, Dr. Mitch Morris, DTTL Global Life Sciences and Health Sector Leader, will moderate the Day 2 agenda that will cover topics such as capitalizing on growth market value, the future commercial models of pharma, shareholder returns vs. patient returns, and digital trends.
What will be discussed at FT Pharma Bio:
Should companies hedge the risks of drug development by diversifying?
Reflections on a year of deal making in the industry
How are life science companies navigating the shift to value?
How can life sciences companies capture more value from their medical interventions and how to fundamentally de-risk their business models?
How should the management of life sciences companies be communicating business strategy for value?
What are the novel approaches to R&D and clinical trials which can lead to faster, and better cures?
has the era of personalized medicine finally arrived?
How are life science companies rethinking their emerging market strategies in view of this current turmoil?
What are implications of the changing commercial models of life science companies?
What are the barriers to the industry’s ability to achieve its longer term potential for digital health?
- Olivier Brandicourt, Chief Executive Officer, Sanofi
- David Redfern, Chief Strategy Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Dan Mahoney, Partner-Healthcare, Polar Capital
- Susan Kilsby, Chair, Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Ron Kuerbitz, Chief Executive Officer, Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Ciaran Murray, Chief Executive Officer, ICON
- Mike Standing, EMEA Life Sciences and Healthcare Lead, Deloitte
- Philipp Gutzwiller, Global Head of Healthcare, Lloyds Banking Group
- Neil Woodford, Head of Investment, Woodford Investment Management
- Hervé Hoppenot, CEO, Incyte Corp
- Adityo Prakash, Chief Executive Officer, Verseon
- Prof. Hans-George Eichler, Senior Medical Officer, European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Steve Cutler, Chief Operating Officer, ICON
- Sir John Chisholm, CEO, Genomics England
- Dr Rudi Pauwels, Chief Executive Officer, Biocarts
- Professor Richard Barker, Chairman, Precision Medicine Catapult
- Dr Mitchell Morris, Global Life Sciences & Health Care Industry Leader, Deloitte
- Lars Rebien Sorensen, Chief Executive Officer, Novo Nordisk
- Jayasree K. Iyer, Executive Director, Access to Medicine Index
- Laurie Olson, Executive Vice President, Strategy, Portfolio and Commercial, Pfizer
- Emmanuel Blin, Head of Commercialization, Policy and Operations, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Who is scheduled to speak at FT Pharma Bio?
- The challenge of compliance
- Identification of Medicinal Products
- The building blocks of IDMP implementation
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Predictions 2020: A bold future?
- 2016 Global life sciences sector outlook: Moving forward with cautious optimism
- Measuring the return from pharmaceutical innovation
- Biosimilars in global markets: Emerging markets may be key to long-term growth
- The convergence of health care trends: Innovation strategies for emerging opportunities
- Supply chain in life sciences: What key trends are emerging?
- Connected health: How digital technology is transforming health and social care
- High value, high uncertainty: Measuring risk in biopharmaceutical research and other industries
- Executing an open innovation model: Cooperation is key to competition for biopharmaceutical companies