Business Continuity Management (BCM) | Deloitte Cyprus | Risk Services | Solutions has been added to your bookmarks.
Business Continuity Management (BCM)
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is designed to help clients create a truly resilient business. Recent events have highlighted the potential vulnerabilities of businesses around the world. Our clients need to consider how factors like these might negatively affect their company's revenue stream and brand image:
- Unplanned events, including natural and technological disasters and infrastructure and human threats
- Security threats, such as computer viruses, worms and denial-of-service attacks
- Ever increasing volume of data and the very high cost of downtime due to data loss or unavailability
- Increasing infrastructure and application interdependencies
- Regulatory and compliance requirements, which are growing increasingly complex
- Globalisation and the challenges of operating in multiple countries
- Effects on BCM arising from outsourcing and increasing dependence on critical 3rd party suppliers
Traditional approaches to BCM have focused solely on recovery - that is, replacing information systems and other critical resources after a business interruption. Our framework seeks to create enterprise resiliency, helping to identify and be prepared to respond to threats before they strike.