Become an intuitive enterprise: sense and shape markets
Digital connects people and things in ways that allow bits to direct or substitute for atoms in an ever-expanding range of activities, challenging companies to rethink how they create value for customers and compete to capture value for themselves. Deloitte’s Digital Strategy offering enables companies to respond to the new imperatives arising from digital disruption by making an integrated set of choices that create a cost advantage or superior differentiation. At the core of Digital Strategy is an understanding of how digital transformation is redefining the primary drivers of competitive advantage – Customer, Platform and Data. Winning the Customer remains central, but where controlling assets was once critical, today success lies with owning the Platform and activating Data.
However, many organizations execute digital transformation through stand-alone initiatives—often developed in organizational silos—that hinder their ability to deliver a consistent omni-channel customer experience and leverage data analytics. Such organizations may be reactionary to customer needs, or responsive at best. An enterprise approach to digital strategy, on the other hand, can help create a seamless customer experience that supports a company's brand, regardless of touch point, channel, or device. It also fosters the transparency and agility necessary to make informed decisions for quick response to rapid market changes. These are the characteristics of an intuitive enterprise, as it senses and shapes markets to continuously redefine the digital frontier.
How we can help
Our Digital Strategy practice helps executives understand, envision and articulate digital as a business strategy and implement it across the enterprise, using a road map that delivers on the brand promise across channels, with clear ownership and accountability. Deloitte was recently named a global Kennedy Vanguard Leader in Digital Strategy Consulting, based on capabilities.1
About our services
Our services span client capability areas and customer engagement channels to drive digital transformations.
Capabilities-based services include:
- Digital strategy and transformation
- Customer analytics and insights
- Digital innovation
- Digital sales
- Digital marketing and customer engagement
Channel-based services include:
- Omni-channel strategy
- Web strategy
- Mobile strategy
- Social strategy
- Customer service
- Aligning digital strategy with corporate strategy to increase the return on digital investments
- Connecting and analyzing customer data for new insights to increase sales, customer loyalty, and customer experience while reducing cost-to-serve
- Infusing products and services with digitally enabled features to transform and improve the customer experience and increase product or service value
- Enabling a digital sales force that can lead to high-impact selling experiences and offer new channels for low-touch transactions
- Engaging customers across traditional and digital channels with a consistent brand to improve return on marketing investment
- Leveraging digital channels and tools for efficient, low-cost service that enriches the overall customer experience
- Breaking down silos and empowering the organization to deliver an omni-channel brand experience
Ways to create more value
Engage leadership. Digital strategy is a CEO agenda item, often led by a chief digital officer.
Embark on journey thinking. Companies should look at everything through the customers’ eyes and how they interact with the brand across all channels.
Build digital capabilities. Effective digital strategy is less about making one big bet and more about coordinating and integrating many small bets that connect to build “platforms.”
Drive integration. Align processes and people to eliminate silos and increase access to and use of “intuitive” information.
Focus on speed and momentum. Early successes build momentum and secure the buy-in needed for later-stage investments.
1Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Digital Strategy Consulting; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates © 2013 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.
The digital revolution is more than just new technology, marketing channels, or social media interactions. The combination of devices such as smartphones and tablets with trends like social media, mobile apps, cloud computing, and advanced analytics provides customers the nearly unlimited information they use to make everyday buying decisions.