Our Commercial team lawyers address a broad and varied range of legal issues that our clients face in their day-to-day business practice.
The Commercial team has two primary areas of expertise: contractual practice and civil litigation.
Our clients engage us to prepare, revise and, in conjunction with them, negotiate contracts of all kinds, most frequently purchase contracts and contracts for work, but also comprehensive master contracts, distribution contracts, confidentiality contracts and others. This practice also comprises the preparation or review of commercial terms. A significant portion of the contractual practice also relates to concluding contracts with public contracting authorities (public tenders).
Our Commercial team includes experts that represent clients in legal and arbitration proceedings at both national and international levels. Our primary objective is to prevent disputes by preparing quality contracts, including the selection of the correct dispute resolution mechanism. In situations where a dispute has already arisen, we assist our clients in assessing their legal position and preparing an effective and efficient procedural strategy. We seek not only to secure victory for the client, but, as part of the procedural strategy, also to consider the client’s wider commercial goals to the maximum possible extent and limit the costs incurred on the dispute.
How we can help you:
- Preparing and reviewing contracts (purchase contracts, contracts for work, service contracts, guarantees and other contracts)
- Negotiating contracts on behalf of clients or in conjunction with them
- Analysing issues relating to the compensation of damage or unjust enrichment
- Public tenders
- Preparation of business terms
- Setting up business models (eg, franchises)
- Preparing legal opinions and analyses
- Legal advisory in consumer protection (including consumer competitions)
- Legal advisory in marketing and advertising (eg, advisory in contractual relations, licences and merchandising, and preparation of preliminary analyses of marketing materials)
- Legal advisory in unfair competition
- Analysis of the legal position in a dispute, including determining the best procedural strategy
- Representation of clients before courts and arbitration tribunals
- Representation during composition and settlement proceedings, including mediation
- Representation during out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes (Czech Trade Inspection Authority)