Environmental Life-Cycle Assessment and Ecodesign of Space Systems
Addressing environmental challenges in the space sector with Deloitte & ESA
At the end of this training, you will:
- Have an overview of the environmental challenges faced by our societies
- Understand the key principles of LCA
- Understand why and how LCA is applied in the space sector and in other sectors, step-by-step
- Understand what ESA has done and is doing on LCA and ecodesign
- Have performed a simplified LCA
- Understand what ecodesign is and how it can be implemented into space programs
- Be able to identify relevant space mission design alternatives
The lecturers are from Sustainability teams of Deloitte France and from the ESA Clean Space team.
Who can apply?
In order to participate, you must fulfill the following criteria at the time of application:
- Working as a professional in relevant engineering or space-related topics, or as a PHD student in a university
- Be a citizen of an ESA Member State (see list here), Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Malta or Slovakia
- Have a basic knowledge of space system design or have a basic knowledge of life-cycle assessment
There is no other selection criteria for participants.
To ensure the quality of the course, places are limited to 10 seats.
Participants are expected to attend the entire training course. In case of non-attendance, the course fee will be charged.
Sur le même sujet
Comment nos choix climatiques impacteront notre avenir économique
Le potentiel des avions à émissions zéro et sans carbone sur les liaisons intra-européennes.