Global Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board letter
When we deliver our best globally to the best clients, with the best people, we are making an impact that matters. We envision a future for the Deloitte network of leading in all ways a business can lead—evolving and adapting to meet the changing needs of clients, talent, and society.
- Download the article PDF
- View videos
- View Deloitte Globally FY2014 performance
- View 2014 Global Revenues
- View Talent infographic
We look back on Deloitte’s 2014 fiscal year with pride. We achieved much and finished the year with considerable momentum.
In our fifth consecutive year of growth, aggregate member firm revenue increased by 6.5 percent to record levels. We continued to see demand grow across all of our core businesses, in all regions of the world. But the leadership we have built is much more than size and numbers.
True leadership is delivering globally—the best services to the best clients, via the best people. True leadership means making an impact that matters, predicting and meeting the changing needs of clients, talent, and society as each encounters new and unprecedented challenges.
That leadership was recognized by independent industry experts, who found Deloitte to be a global leader in a record number of fields. Just a few examples include global diversity, Business Consulting Services, Business Technology Transformation, Cyber Security, Analytics IT Consulting, and industries including Financial Services, Life Sciences & Health Care, and Public Sector.
This doesn’t mean we can afford to relax our pace. Facing unprecedented disruption—whether caused by exponential technology advances, digital transformation, intense regulatory scrutiny, continuing globalization, geopolitical uncertainty or economic volatility—is the new normal for our clients—and for us. But we continue to stand ready to lead, guide, or advise those that depend on us through the challenges these market forces bring.
In fact, over our 169 years in the business, we have learned how to successfully turn challenges into business opportunities. It’s made us who we are today - the broadest, most deeply skilled, integrated professional services organization in the market. And it’s why so many of the largest, most sophisticated clients choose Deloitte to help solve their toughest challenges.
But don’t just take it from us. To help you understand how Deloitte member firms continue to lead the way by bringing the full capabilities of our multidisciplinary model to impact clients, the market, and society, our 11th Global Report captures select highlights from the course of our year. This year’s report is broken out into the following sections, each of which demonstrates our commitment to being the best:
- Global leader for clients—Every day, all over the world, Deloitte member firm professionals put clients first by bringing innovative ideas and solutions to their most complex challenges. At the core of our capability are world-class leaders and professionals who distinguish themselves by providing deep industry insights and local market expertise, and are ready to solve complex problems, manage risk, and streamline processes wherever and whenever the client demands.
- Disruption: leading the pack—By repeatedly forging new ground, whether that be in technology, exclusive alliances, or with new services, Deloitte continues to stay ahead of extraordinary disruption. “Anticipate to succeed—leading predictive analytics” and “Connecting clients with the world's brightest minds” demonstrate how we deliberately, strategically, and effectively invest in innovative new ideas, services, and solutions to help our clients succeed and to disrupt before being disrupted. “Leading cyber risk management in a smaller, more perilous world” provides a view into Deloitte’s cyber security work and how companies confidently turn to our global network of leading specialists to help them prepare for and prevent or manage risk, recover from attacks, and create resiliency.
- Leading together—Globalization has increased the attention on the role that business plays in society. Deloitte is at the forefront of the movement that not only measures the effect we have when going about our day-to-day work, but also how we integrate our positive impact on society into our business strategy. Just a few examples include our commitment to the UN Global Compact, leading the conversation on impact investing, and strengthening relationships with organizations such as the Social Progress Imperative (SPI).
- Leading with integrity—Our 169-year history of trust and quality has built Deloitte into what it is today and both remain the cornerstones of what we do, and how we do it. Deloitte’s risk-intelligent culture enables member firms to deliver excellence to clients and serve the public interest. As an active participant in regulatory and public-policy discussions around the world, Deloitte contributes to improvements that promote investor confidence, facilitate cross-border business, and support economic growth, resilience, and sustainability.
Our Global Report isn’t just about reflecting on accomplishments of the past year, but about celebrating the qualities that underpin our impact—leadership, quality, trust, innovation, our shared values—now and in the future. The continued leadership that we envision for the Deloitte network means maintaining and building on these qualities as we impact clients, talent, and society.
In closing, we’d like to thank the more than 210,000 inspiring women and men of Deloitte, whose diverse perspectives and experiences have made our collective success possible.
Barry Salzberg, Former Deloitte Global Chief Executive Officer
Steve Almond, Chairman of the Board of Directors
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
[photo caption – banner image] From left to right: Steve Almond, Chairman of the Board of Directors, and Barry Salzberg, Former Deloitte Global Chief Executive Officer.
In this report, the terms Deloitte, our, we, and us are used to refer to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) network of member firms or to one or more DTTL member firms. See additional information.