Initiatives and Communities
World Economic Forum
The World Economic Forum sponsors a variety of projects, initiatives and communities that identify and advance distinctive global issues relevant to their constituents. The result of these collaborations is greater understanding, tangible support, direction, and solutions that shape global, regional, and industry agendas.
Deloitte has been selected to serve as an official project advisor to seven Forum projects this year. The collaborative efforts of both Deloitte and the Forum throughout the project life cycle will generate insights and research to be shared at the Annual Meeting at Davos and other World Economic Forum meetings across the world. In the 2014 – 2015 cycle, Deloitte will partner on the following:
- Collaborative Innovation: Future of Bio-refineries and Energy Harnessing (represented by Duane Dickson)
- Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI) – Designing Corruption out of the System (represented by Chip Cottrell)
- Re-designing Development Finance (represented by Carolien De Bruin and Pradeep Prabhala)
- Risk and Responsibility in a Hyper-connected World (represented by and Jolyon Barker and Jacques Buith)
- Competitiveness Lab – Latin America (represented by John Levis and Daniel Varde)
- Impact Investing (representd by Chris Harvey)
Global Agenda Councils
Global Agenda Councils are incubators for ideas, providing a space for thought leaders from all backgrounds to create solutions and help solve some of the world's most pressing issues. Each Council monitors the most important developments and trends within its given field of expertise, challenges prevailing assumptions and proposes recommendations to address global challenges.
Deloitte will have representation in the following GACs for the 2014 – 2016 cycle:
- Global Agenda Council on Transparency & Anti-Corruption (represented by Steve Almond)
- Global Agenda Council on the Future of Chemicals & Biotechnology (Jeffrey Carbeck serves as Vice-Chair)
- Global Agenda Council on the Economics of Innovation (represented by John Hagel)
Additionally, Deloitte is a founding partner of the Partnering Against Corruption Initiative Vanguard CEO Community, which was launched at Davos in January 2014.
Young Global Leaders (YGLs)
Each year the World Economic Forum identifies 200-300 extraordinary individuals, drawn from every region of the world. A Young Global Leader must be under 40 years of age, have a recognized record of extraordinary achievement, be in a leadership position and have a track record in public service oriented activities or have shown a commitment to enhancing the public good/commitment to serve society. Deloitte is currently represented by:
- Dave Hanley
- David Hill
- Dora Liu
- Tebogo Skwambane