Life at Deloitte
Our Green Agenda
Our ISO14001 certified environmental management system
Launched in 2008, our Green Agenda environmental programme, demonstrates our long-standing commitment to managing our impact on the environment.
Our Green Agenda programme strives to address several important environmental challenges, including climate change, water consumption, waste management, biodiversity and resource consumption. Our environmental management system has been certified to ISO14001 since 2011.
We measure and report on the following environmental aspects across Deloitte Ireland:
Scope 1 - The gas we use in our offices
Scope 2 - The electricity we purchase
Scope 3 - Our business travel (flights, rail, car mileage) and our waste, water and paper consumption
Annually, in addition to the Deloitte Ireland Impact Report, we make submissions to Deloitte Global for inclusion in the Global Impact Report and Global CDP report.
Sustainable Business Practices
We have a mature environmental management system and we continue to challenge ourselves to have a positive impact on our environment.
Our sustainable business practices include:
- Embracing technology that allows us to reduce the environmental impact of our business travel
- Managing our food waste by reducing the amount of catering being ordered for meetings and being mindful when organising catering for events
- Working towards a plastic free workplace – including removal of single use plastic items from our canteens and making Deloitte KeepCups available to all employees
- Understanding our supply chain and identifying more sustainable products options
- Engaging our workforce of 2500+ employees on environmental issues, including climate change and biodiversity
Our Environmental policy, signed by our CEO Harry Goddard, outlines our committment to the environment.