Northern Ireland has been saved
Apply now for 2023 opportunities in Belfast
At Deloitte, we know that we’re at our best when we can be ourselves. It’s the diversity within each one of us, that makes us strong and brilliant. Because that’s what helps us to connect, learn and grow, so we can make an impact that matters for our clients and our world.
What are your career opportunities?
We offer a variety of career options in our Belfast office, where you'll learn how to create innovative business, technology and operational solutions and develop the expertise to implement them.
Deloitte's BrightStart Apprenticeship is a pioneering 'earning-while-learning' experience offering the opportunity to gain exceptional professional training by working on real-life projects.
BrightStarts within Audit & Assurance train in our Belfast department whilst completing their Accounting Technician ("ATI") exams, followed by their Chartered Accountants Ireland ACA qualification over a period of 5 years.*
On completion of the ATI exams, you'll follow the same training as our graduates, but stretched over 4 years, instead of 3.5. It's a great alternative to University that provides a highly transferable, world class professional qualification!*assuming distinction achieved at ATI Level 1
*assuming distinction achieved at ATI Level 1
BrightStart apprentices enjoy:
- A permanent job;
- Professional qualifications, fully funded;
- A competitive salary plus lots of fantastic benefits;
- Paid time off to study;
- The chance to work with and learn from industry leaders;
- The support of a buddy and mentor at work;
- Real projects with real clients;
- Valuable insights into the business world;
- Career opportunities that will take you as far as you want to go; and
- A great working environment, with an active social scene.
Applications for 2023 are open
What does the Summer Internship involve?
Our summer internship programme will give you a taste of professional life, allowing you to get ahead in your career even before you have left college or university. You will learn from experienced colleagues and meet clients representing a variety of industries and environments as we help you make a smooth transition from student to professional. On top of that, it is a way to enhance your CV with practical work experience.
Depending on your chosen area, you can expect to gain experience in some or all of the following areas:
Audit & Assurance
Your day-to-day activities in Audit & Assurance will see you work with highly innovative audit teams and client stakeholders. You will analyse data using the best analytical tools and techniques, review client operations and controls, understand strategic and financial issues impacting on the company, identify insights and areas for improvement and ensure that users of financial statements can have trust and assurance that they are true and fair.
As a member of our Accounting and Internal Controls team, you'll focus on addressing issues relating to accounting and financial reporting, risk assessment, and efficacy of internal controls systems - examples include Internal Audit, IT and Specialized Assurance and Digital/AI.
Applications for 2023 are open
Find out more:
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
You will gain significant knowledge and experience working across a host of industries including financial services, consumer business, technology, media and telecommunications.
On joining our Belfast office in our Graduate Programme, you will participate in a structured induction programme to introduce you to the Deloitte culture, values and business principles and receive continuous coaching and guidance from experienced colleagues during this time. You will also attend a “Professional Education and Personal Development week”, which will include study skills & examination technique sessions, briefings, and practice workshops.
As you progress through your training contract you will be responsible for coaching more junior team members and delegating work assigned by your manager.
As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll discover all kinds of new business and technical skills, as well as everything you need to do your job and accelerate your career.
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, arts, languages, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others.
- Predicted degree classification of 2:1 or above in any discipline
- UCAS points 120 if 2017 or after / 300 if before
- GCSE English language 6 if 2017 or after / B if before
- GCSE Maths 6 if 2017 or after / B if before
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- A proactive approach to work
Skills for Graduate Roles:
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
Join the conversation on social media #GrowWithDeloitte #DeloitteGrads