Regulatory & Compliance
The increasing complexity of the global regulatory environment challenges companies to find solutions for greater organization, specialization, and sectorial knowledge. Deloitte Legal combines global perspective with local insights to help them develop and execute those solutions.
Deloitte Legal’s experienced practitioners bring a practical focus to Regulatory and Compliance solutions that help clients manage increasingly rigorous regulations and local enforcement. We can assist businesses in identifying pertinent laws and regulations, granting them a better understanding of the regulatory environment. Our approach combines analysis of legal frameworks with assessment of systems and processes to help ensure compliance.
Our lawyers belong to multi-disciplinary teams consisting of experts on tax, customs, consulting, risk, and financial advisory, as well as key sectors and industries. This cross-functional approach helps Deloitte Legal offer clients a holistic perspective that takes into account all possible pitfalls from various angles.
The Deloitte Legal Regulatory and Compliance team can help identify risk areas and meet compliance challenges in the following areas:
- Business Integrity and Financial Crime:
- advice on legal and regulatory compliance with anticorruption, anti-bribery, and anti-money laundering legislation, etc., development of legal risk maps
- development/review of compliance policies and compliance management systems
- audit of existing compliance management systems from a legal perspective and recommendations on improvements, including industry best practices
- Training development/delivery on relevant aspects of compliance to ensure clients and their personnel are aware of new and existing regulatory requirements
- legal support during internal investigations of white-collar crimes
- Antitrust, Competition and Trade:
- advice on Russian and EAEU anti-trust, trade, and advertising legal requirements and anticompetitive practices (cartels, abuse of dominance position, forbidden “vertical” agreements, unfair competition, coordination, public and private bid violations, etc.)
- development/review of antitrust compliance policies
- audit of existing antitrust compliance systems from a legal perspective and recommendations on improvements, including industry best practices
- Training development/delivery on antitrust compliance to ensure that clients and their personnel are aware of new and existing antitrust regulations
- full-scope support during merger control filings for the antitrust authorities
- identification of risk areas associated with sanctions in terms of Russian law, development of strategies and risk mitigation plans and prevent breaches of countersanctions
- structuring and restructuring of transactions to ensure compliance with sanction requirements
- Financial Services Regulation:
- legal advice on all aspects of regulatory compliance and contentious issues involving the financial, banking, capital markets, and investment fund sectors
- assessment of “as is” compliance systems from a legal perspective and recommendations for risk mitigation; development and implementation of required controls
- advice on compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks
- assessment of “as is” compliance systems from a legal perspective and recommendations for risk mitigation; development and implementation of required controls.
- advice on legal and regulatory matters in the energy and resources sector, including licensing requirements, tariff regulation, restrictions for foreign investors, etc.
- structuring business establishments in a way that complies with energy and resources regulations
- preliminary audits on legislative compliance to prepare for state inspections inspections
- Industrial Regulation:
- advice on legal and regulatory matters regarding universal requirements (industrial safety, environmental protection) and requirements specific to various industrial sectors (meeting requirements to engage in construction, etc.)
- structuring business establishment in a way that complies with energy and resources regulations
- preliminary compliance checks to prepare for state inspections
- Automated support during state audits of manufacturing facilities
On top of the regular compliance-related services, we offer a range of IT solutions to automate the compliance function (ComplianceTech).
One way to start automating your company’s compliance processes could be via the implementation of compliance checklists.
They look like automated questionnaires, which any employee may fill in without a compliance officer’s help to obtain clear recommendations regarding the applicable internal norms and regulations and how to implement their requirements.
Our solution helps to timely respond to changes in the legislation and to the newly issued recommendations of the regulators, which is so important now.
Checklists will help you optimise internal processes, save time and effort of your employees, and reduce the company’s expenses.