Deloitte CIS Forensic Fraud Investigations and Disputes
Renaissance Atyrau Hotel, 3rd floor
15 B Satpayev St.
Rachel leads Forensics and Risk Advisory in the Caspian region, with 20 years of experience globally. She conducts investigations in all industries including assisting clients to respond to inquiries led by global regulators, many of which lead to resolution by litigation or arbitration. She also focusses on the prevention of issues, assisting clients to drive their ethics, compliance and integrated risk management programmes. In particular, Rachel:
- investigates complex cases of fraud, bribery & corruption, leading teams in the collation & review of large volumes of data, gathering evidence, conducting interviews & reporting findings to clients, regulators & law enforcement;
- advises on the development & maintenance of effective compliance, fraud risk management & ABAC programmes, including policy review, staff training, fraud analytics & third party compliance testing;
- prepares accounting estimates, financial models & drafts expert reports on quantum;
- optimizes internal audit and risk management programmes;
- advises clients on the financial aspects of commercial disputes, including post transaction disputes & loss of profit claims;
- leads market manipulation, market abuse & remediation exercises to address deficiencies in process & controls.
Education &professional qualifications:
Member of the Chartered Accountants of England & Wales, ACA & FCA, 2002
LLB Hons Law, French Law & Languages, University of East Anglia, UK, 1999
English (native speaker) & French