Accounting and Reporting Advisory
Enhancing confidence in the accounting decisions made by finance leaders through proactive, practical, and business-oriented insights
Regulatory, technological, and business complexities are driving finance and accounting teams to re-evaluate their accounting policies, processes, controls, and systems. Do you have an advisor you can trust to stay ahead of the game?
Accounting and Reporting Advisory services
Staying ahead of new financial reporting requirements can be difficult—particularly for companies that do not have in-house resources to address complex accounting and disclosure matters. The complex accounting decisions organizations make can have a profound impact on how they are evaluated by stakeholders—and their overall financial stability.
To enhance confidence in the accounting decisions made by Finance leaders, Deloitte provides a pragmatic, business-oriented approach that considers the holistic impact to stakeholders and the organization.
New accounting standards implementations
Assurance services which address risks and improve reporting capabilities, as well as help you adopt and maintain compliance with the new accounting requirements.
From assessing business impacts on operations and financial statements to changes in accounting policy, Deloitte can assist you with your implementation roadmap.
Key support areas include:
- Financial instrument accounting assurance (IFRS 9/ASC 326)
- Lease accounting assurance (IFRS 16/ASC 842)
- Revenue recognition assurance (IFRS 15/ASC 606)
- Insurance accounting assurance (IFRS 17)
On-call advisory services
Assurance services providing access to the depth and breadth of Deloitte's technical professionals to assist with addressing the complex US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting issues. Services are on an “on-call” basis, making them flexible and scalable, and include:
- Accounting events
- Strategic transactions
- New accounting standards implementation
- Financial reporting
Assurance services that help businesses assess the impact of adopting new reporting frameworks on financial statements.
Key assistance areas include:
- Financial statement impact assessment
- Development of methodological framework for adoption of, or transition from, different reporting frameworks
- Implementation of information systems
Technical assurance, remediation, and compliance
Assurance services that assist with addressing complex accounting issues and includes services such as white paper development to support accounting policy changes, benchmarking of financial reporting against peer groups, and opinions on accounting positions.
Finance Managed Services (FMS)
Deloitte FMS comprises a suite of services designed to enable your finance teams to focus on supporting your business. When you engage Deloitte FMS, you can free up your finance teams from various statutory reporting activities.
Key assistance areas include:
- Preparation of group consolidation workings
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of relevant forms for regulatory reporting to central banks and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- XBRL conversion
- Hedge accounting documentation and calculations
- Calculation of deferred taxes
- Loan of staff
- External audit coordination
- Advise on complex accounting issues
- Finance and non-finance training programmes
Let us take care of the rest, while you focus on your business.