A career in Financial Advisory has been saved
Life at Deloitte
A career in Financial Advisory
If you think both analytically and creatively, this is where you need to be. We’re more involved in our client’s affairs than ever before, providing advice and services far beyond pure financial diligence. There are so many different aspects to be involved in – business restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financial crime investigations, real estate, debt advisory, investments or business modelling – you’ll gain exposure to a huge variety of projects and a diverse portfolio of clients. It’s all about finding the cleverest solutions to the most complex problems.
Why work in Financial Advisory?
Creative problem solving. Constant change. Innovative thinking. If you thrive on intellectual challenges you’ll fit right in. We do all kinds of work for every type of client; so the opportunities to learn, develop and discover what inspires you most are endless.
We aim to offer the best professional services in the market. Which means we need driven, curious people, like you, who are able to think creatively and stay at the forefront of the marketplace. We’re creating lasting impact for our clients; you’ll be part of a team that’s delivering world-class solutions.
You will have client contact from the very start of your career. The area of Financial Advisory you join will determine the type of day-to-day work you do, but all our people use a combination of skills in serving their clients. You’ll gain deep insights into your clients’ industries, getting under the skin of their daily operations and helping them solve some of the most challenging problems they are ever likely to face.
Our Advisory area is made up of three teams Business Modelling, Government & Infrastructure and Mergers & Acquisitions. Whatever your interest there is a an opportunity for you to learn and grow.
Want to know more?
Come and find out where a future with Deloitte can take you.
Our Business Modelling Group is a market-leading, dedicated centre of excellence which draws upon the full service capability of the firm, making use of technical modelling and analytical toolkits to provide innovative, analytical support to help our clients make better decisions and achieve their goals. We gain an in-depth understanding of our clients’ key business drivers and objectives, helping to identify, simulate and test their business options, enabling a deeper and more informed view of the potential risks and returns involved. Business Modelling is a specialist skill which is combined with financial expertise and industry sector knowledge.
Our Government and Infrastructure team provides specialist finance raising and commercial contract negotiation advice to private and public sector clients. We operate across the infrastructure, energy and public services sectors.
Our service areas include:
- Major infrastructure and capital programmes
- Government led reorganisations and restructurings
- Public procurement
- Project and Public Private Partnership (PPP) financing
- Privatisations and outsourcings
We support clients by advising them on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, including buying and selling businesses and assets and raising funds. From niche start-ups to some of the most recognised brands in the world, we advise private and public companies, private equity houses and their investee companies and financial institutions.
We’re often supporting businesses and owners in making important strategic decisions, realising value for them and their stakeholders. It can be a highly emotive time for them and our support helps guide them through the challenges they face. Our advice has a real impact on the growth and future success of the companies, and markets we operate in. The areas M&A support clients with include:
- Helping clients to buy businesses: helping them to grow, access new markets and assets, and to better source finance.
- Helping clients to sell businesses: helping stakeholders realise value and achieve maximum returns and prioritise areas for growth of their wider business.
- Helping clients to raise funds from private and public equity.
- Provide specialist support for in-house M&A teams.
Who are we looking for?
At Deloitte, we have a unique culture, where thinkers are encouraged to thrive and where everyone, regardless of grade, is given the chance to improve the department. This common goal brings us all closer together.
At Deloitte, it’s our people who make us succeed. Your background, skills, interests and ideas are what make you succeed. We value you and everything you can bring to our business.
So, are you passionate about life? Are you a creative problem solver? Are you looking for an engaging fast-paced growth experience with a leading organisation focused on achieving the standard of excellence in the marketplace?
Come and find out where a future with Deloitte can take you
Why choose Deloitte?
Learning and development
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accountancy, business, law, science technology, engineering, mathematics, technology and criminology, amongst others. We also consider sixth form students. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher.
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment.
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems.
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity.
- A proactive approach to work.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change.
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs).
As a world class organisation, we offer world class benefits.
We offer competitive conditions and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of programmes such as wellbeing and diversity & inclusion to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
- Health insurance
- Paid professional subscription
- Family friendly measures
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Corporate deals and discounts