Social Progress Imperative Ha sido salvado
Social Progress Imperative
Deloitte's strategic partnership with SPI
Deloitte is committed to making an impact that matters in society. Yet the complexity of big societal challenges demands collaboration. No on sector can do it alone. Deloitte Global and its member firms are working with Social Progress Imperative, a non-profit committed to changing the way we measure what matters most.
- Register for What Works live stream
- Business and Society
- Social Progress Imperative
- 2015 Social Progress Index
- Join the conversation
The Social Progress - What Works event
Join Deloitte Iceland and Professor Michael Porter at the Social Progress - What Works conference, 28 April. Social innovators from across the globe, including Deloitte’s Social Innovation Leader Mette Lindgaard, will be livestreamed as they discuss how countries such as Costa Rica, Iceland, Nepal, New Zealand and Rwanda have achieved remarkable social progress given limited resources as well as sharing insights from the Social Progress Index.
Register for the live stream here.
Social Progress Imperative
Social Progress Imperative (SPI) is changing the way we work to solve the world's most pressing challenges, redefining how the world measures success and helping actors from across sectors come together, speak a common language, and drive measurable change.
SPI revolutionizes social problem solving by:
- Enabling leaders to systematically identify and prioritize issues through the Social Progress Index as well as through regional, local and community level social progress indices .
- Empowering leaders to convene all the right local actors, global partners, and subject-matter experts necessary to develop and deploy meaningful solutions, through collaborations.
We are not alone in this. Other businesses around the world recognize that doing business better not only produces better returns, but attracts better talent, helps restore the public trust in business and adds real value to society.
SPI can help business by:
- Creating a framework to help business measure its social impact. For more see SPI’s work with Coca Cola and Natura in the Amazon.
- Helping inform business decisions by providing market level insights on new products, services, or customer segments that address social needs. See our report on SPI and FDI.
- Developing a common language with which business can talk to government and civil society. See our Collaborations page.
“Deloitte is collaborating with the Social Progress Imperative and others because we believe business has a role to play in helping solve the world’s critical issues and the Index is a tool that can ignite collective action from business, government, and society.”
Global Chairman, Deloitte Global
Business and society are linked
Deloitte believes that business has the power and responsibility to help build a robust and prosperous society.
Business serves human needs and desires, creating vital products and services, which drive social and economic development. Thus, a sustainable and prosperous society needs thriving businesses – and for business to thrive over a sustained period, it needs to operate in a prosperous society. Progress in one invariably drives progress in the other.
The Deloitte network does this every day through client service work, corporate responsibility programs and strategic partnerships. These provide the opportunity for Deloitte people to use their expertise and insights, and engage their networks, to address issues that matter most to society.
To create growth and competitiveness business needs to help tackle the big issues facing society and drive progress through innovative ideas and products.
"There is a powerful connection between economic and social development. Trying to separate the two is a big mistake."
Bishop William Lawrence University Professor, Harvard Business School