Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey – 1st edition 2018
Hotels boost real estate sector
The Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey opens 2018 with an edition that includes the perception of a panel of Portuguese and foreign participants who are investing or have investment prospects in Portugal. In this way, this survey continues to assume itself as a reference tool in the real estate industry.
The first edition of this year shows a dynamic start of the sector strongly influenced by tourism.
The main conclusions of the report are:
- Overall, respondents aim to focus in an investment strategy (77%)
- Value added investments (39%) are perceived as the preferred investment strategy
- Banks (85%) stand out as the main business feeder of real estate acquisitions
- Regarding divestment strategy, respondents are more keen in selling “Core” assets (38%)
- Funds of funds (62%) are identified as the main real estate buyers in Portugal
- There is a perception of an increase in the volume and sales price for hotels, residential, and industrial sectors, and a greater stability of profitability rates