Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey – 4th edition
A turnaround for Portuguese real estate
Since its release, the Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey continues, day by day, to assert itself as a national reference tool in the real estate sector, analysing the perception of a panel of participants who work on a daily basis in the real estate industry.
The 4th edition of this survey closes an optimistic period for real estate in Portugal, proving the quality, potential, effort and dedication of the involved professionals.
Additionally, we prepared the Outlook 2017 edition in order to offer you a systematized picture of the sector in 2017.
The main study results are:
- Overall, respondents aim to focus in investment or portfolio management strategies (36% each)
- Value added investments (44%) are perceived as the preferred investment strategy
- Banks (50%) stand out as the main business feeders of real estate acquisitions
- Regarding divestment strategy, respondents are more keen in selling “Core” assets (50%)
- Sovereign Funds (50%) are identified as the main real estate buyers in Portugal
- There is a perception of an increase in the volume and sales price for residential, retail/ services and hotel sectors, and a greater stability of profitability rates