What is Sweden's Best Managed Companies?
What is the Best Managed Companies program?
“Best Managed Companies” program is a competition to recognise the overall success of strong private owned companies based on strategic direction, ability to execute, corporate culture and financial performance.
Best Managed Companies was established in Canada in 1993 and has since then become the country’s leading business awards program. In addition to Canada, the program has been introduced in Ireland, the Netherlands, Chile and Mexico while many other key markets have plans to join in the near future. In Sweden, the program was introduced in 2019.
Although a competition, an integral part of the program is coaching. Professionals from Deloitte will facilitate the application process to shine light on current best practices and areas for improvement. The end result will be a detailed self-analysis of your business focused on strategic and operational issues.
The Best Managed Company title can be awarded for several consecutive years to the same company and the awarded companies will become part of a strong community of the best.
What makes the Sweden's Best Managed Companies program unique?
- Focuses on Swedish owned and managed companies
- Recognises overall business performance and sustained growth
- Recognises the efforts of the entire organisation
- Measures more than financial performance
- Gives insights into best practices, which are shared during the application process
- Becomes part of a global community of Best Managed Companies
Who can apply?
- Turnover in excess of SEK250 million (€25 million)
- Established for at least 5 years
- Over 50 full-time employees
- Majority stake (> 50%) owned by Swedish resident persons or entities, could be:
- privately owned Swedish company
- Swedish owned portfolio company controlled by Swedish venture capital and Swedish private equity firms
- Swedish owned public company on a non-regulated market with a free-float of less than 50% of its shares traded
- HQ or major decision center in Sweden (operations can be abroad)
- Fully compliant from legal, tax and ethical perspective
- Managing finances effectively, adapting to changing market conditions, over the past three financial years
The following organisations are ineligible:
Credit institutions, banks, insurance companies, co-ops, companies listed on regulated markets, Swedish subsidiaries of foreign multinationals, government-owned entities/public sector agencies, charities and not-for-profit organisations and their affiliates and subsidiaries.
For more information on eligibility, please contact SwedenBMC@deloitte.se