Partner | M&A | Financial Advisory
Besöksadress: Rehnsgatan 11
113 79 Stockholm
Marcus is a Partner within Financial Advisory and he is the Deputy Head of Transaction Services in Sweden. Marcus has close to 15 years of advising clients in various M&A situations in the Nordics, Europe and the US. He has worked on approx. 350 M&A projects and has vast experience from leading both buy-side, and sell-side projects in both domestic and cross border transactions. Clients seek Marcus expertise and capabilities in e.g. acquisitions and disposals of companies/businesses, carve-outs/separations and integrations, optimising cash flows and NWC, public-to-private transactions (stock exchange buy-outs).
Between November 2010 and July 2012, Marcus was based in San Francisco where he assisted corporate and private equity clients with M&A transactions mainly in the TMT, Retail and Services sector where he gained significant experience with US GAAP.
Marcus focuses most on the following sectors:
- Private Equity: Marcus is the Private Equity leader in Sweden and he worked with and for PE Funds and their portfolio companies for almost 15 years helping them with both acquiring and building platforms which are subsequently divested with the help of Deloitte. Marcus is driving the Deloitte Private Equity Lifecycle approach which help PE managers as well as portfolio CXO’s to navigate and anticipate the requirements of PE portfolio companies to accelerate growth, improve profitability and maximize the IRR of shareholders.
- TMT: Marcus has been involved in over to 80 TMT deals across Technology (consumer software, software platforms, apps, various SaaS models, semiconductors and IoT companies) Media (broadcasting, magazines, radio, music, media infrastructure and newspapers) and Telecommunications (telcos, telecom hardware suppliers, IoT and telecom infrastructure).
- Retail: Marcus has been involved in over 20 retail deals, mainly online retail transactions but also offline retail transactions as well as consumer product transactions. Marcus has also been involved in a number of Healthcare-projects.
- Services: Marcus has been involved in close to 50 B2B services deals, from blue-collar services such as construction, installation, sludge sucking, locksmith, coffee services, electricians etc. to white collar services such as marketing services, credit information, consulting services and more subscription-like services.
- Infrastructure: Marcus has worked continuously with infrastructure projects within e.g. district heating, electricity grids, wind and fibre/telecommunications