3 Environmentally friendly hidden gems near the Deloitte office has been saved
Life at Deloitte
3 Environmentally friendly hidden gems near the Deloitte office
Decisions magazine – Issue 14
Discover 3 environmentally friendly hidden gems near the Deloitte office
Being environmentally friendly is hardly a daunting concept – it is about taking small actions such as recycling and switching off the lights when not needed to reduce our carbon footprint and saving Mother Earth. There are also places that advocate environmental friendliness through their products and activities and here are some located around the Deloitte office that are worth checking out!
1. THE LOKAL
LoKal (local in German), is a double identity café that serves healthy brunches in the day, and transforms into a cosy and versatile space for intimate dinners and casual cocktails sessions in the evenings. Customers who bring along their own cups when they dine in get $1 off for their drink purchase.
136 Neil Road, Singapore 088865
UnPackt is a home-grown social enterprise that aims to be an environmentally friendly and green by selling recyclable products to consumers. Consumers are encouraged to bring along their own tote bags on their shopping trip, thus eliminating the unnecessary use of plastic bags.
18 Cross Street #01-120
Retail Mall, Singapore 048423
3. THE SOCIAL SPACE
The Social Space features a café, nail salon, and a retail area where customers can purchase eco-friendly items, including beauty products, food and beverages all under one-roof! It showcases high-quality fair-trade products that will affect change to customers, the community and the planet.
333 Kreta Ayer Rd, #01-14, Singapore 080333
Shaping our future through environmental sustainability
At Deloitte Singapore, there are various initiatives in place to encourage our Deloitte staff to play an active role in combating global warming.
- Office recycling bins to recycle water and glass bottles
- E-waste recycling drive
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle on Earth Day and Earth HourBring your own (BYO) cup at
- Deloitte Events
Deloitte’s sustainability journey
- Deloitte is committed to a long-term sustainability journey in which it addresses its own environmental impacts and support clients as they seek to do the same.
- Our ambition is to reduce greenhouse gas building emissions by 36% per unit of area, fleet emissions by 11% and travel per FTE by 10% by FY2025 based on the FY2017 baseline. The building and fleet emissions components of the goals were crafted following science-based methodology.
- Furthering Deloitte’s commitment to the environment, emissions arising from Deloitte air travel during FY2019 are being offset through the purchase of carbon credits that are third-party verified.
- Senior leaders also engage on the topic of environmental sustainability through the quarterly meetings of the Deloitte Societal Impact Council, a senior leadership group focused on Deloitte’s social impact and responsible business agenda.
Decision Magazine Issue 14
In issue 14, find out more about Deloitte’s learning and development initiatives with stories on our Deloitte Southeast Asia Innovation Day and Deloitte University Asia Pacific! Want to have more control in how you shape your future career? Discover how Deloitte can empower you through flexibility with our new work-life integration program! In addition, take a behind-the-scenes look at Elizabeth Han’s role as a Deloitte Risk Advisory Security Analyst, where she shares insights as the cyber gatekeeper of confidential information. We also share 10 Moves to make moments matter that you can apply to your student life as well as your internship. Lastly, we look back at the key highlights of 2019, ranging from our sports achievements at the Inter-Departmental and Institute of Chartered Accountants Games to our under the sea themed Year-end party!
What are you waiting for? Download issue 14 now!