Legal Advisory Services
Experience the future of law, today
Multinational organizations need legal advisors who can assist with day-to-day activities, as well as corporate life events across many jurisdictions. Deloitte Legal practitioners use leading technologies to deliver efficient and transparent support for the legal activities companies manage.
- Regulatory & Compliance
- Private Clients Legal Services
- Real Estate
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Law
- Get in touch
Our Legal Advisory Services include:
Deloitte Legal provides clients with guidance on a broad range of issues arising from day-to-day operational activities. Our practitioners merge our local-jurisdiction experience with our know-how in global coordination. Deloitte Legal’s Corporate Law services are tailored to each client’s needs.
Among the most common ways we serve our clients are by supporting:
- Requests for legal advice regarding foreign investment matters
- The incorporation of corporations and companies in their various forms and characteristics
- Corporate record maintenance and legal bookkeeping
- The drafting and negotiation of NDAs, as well as confidentiality and settlement agreements
- The review, negotiation, and drafting of all types of commercial agreements
- The drafting of confidentiality, anti-corruption, and privacy corporate policies
- The drafting of board minutes, proxies, and general or special powers-of-attorney
- The negotiation and drafting of all kinds of negotiable instruments and credit transactions
- Corporate restructuring, conversions, dissolutions, and winding-up procedures
- Opening of subsidiaries, and representative and branch offices of foreign companies in any jurisdiction
- Corporate regularization
- Corporate compliance and risk assessment
The Internet of Things, robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, big data, the cloud and 3D printing – technologies are evolving rapidly and, as a result, organizations large and small, private and public, are fundamentally rethinking how they operate. Deloitte Legal tailors its digital law offering for each client; it combines its Legal and Regulatory capabilities with other Deloitte businesses such as Consulting, Audit, Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory and Tax to create an integrated, holistic approach.
We focus on:
- Contract laws and private laws including cloud, outsourcing and smart contracts
- Mandatory laws and regulations – cyber, IT, e-commerce and related regulatory aspects around privacy and data protection, and e-commerce
- IP laws & Trade secrets related to data, cyber, IT and e-commerce and cloud, e.g. copyright, patent and trademark laws, Legal aspects of IP taxation (e.g. OECD BEPS and Digital Value Chain Alignment)
Support can range from specialist advice to legal project management and automated solutions. Read more about our Digital Law offering.
Deloitte Legal’s integrated global network of lawyers defends clients’ rights and protects their interests in conflict situations. Focusing specifically on multinationals challenged with cross-border concerns, our dispute resolution professionals can help clients avoid possible litigation or, when it is unavoidable, represent clients in court to obtain a beneficial judgement.
Areas of focus include:
- Civil and commercial litigation and arbitration
- Public litigation
- Employment litigation
- Tax litigation
Employment Law & Benefits
Because a wide range of workforce issues can impact a company’s ability to attract and retain talent, or can damage its reputation and market value in an instant, companies need trusted, globally scalable employment law solutions.
Deloitte Legal helps companies with:
- Global mobility: managing the growing complexity of an internationally mobile workforce
- Individual employment law: from hiring, employment contracts, handbooks and policies, to termination
- Contingent workforce: from establishing the workforce strategy to drafting the appropriate context, clauses and policies
- Workforce transformation: from consultation to down-sizing or right-sizing procedures
- Compensation & Benefits: from global stock plans to corporate governance and regulation, including CEO pay ratios, gender pay-gap reporting, and compliance with minimum wage requirements
Mergers & Acquisitions
Deloitte Legal advises businesses throughout every stage of a transaction, from negotiation through to execution. We align with our tax and finance colleagues to cover risks from all angles.
We provide support during the following critical phases:
- First review
- LOI / NBO
- Due diligence
- Compliance due diligence
- Legal structuring
- Binding documentation, completion & closing
- Anti-trust filing/merger control clearance
- Post M&A integration
- Capital market compliance
For clients seeking standalone services related to a transaction, Deloitte Legal can also help with:
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Legal Project Management
- Post-merger integration
Regulatory & Compliance
The increasing complexity of the global regulatory environment challenges companies to find solutions for greater organization, specialization, and sectorial knowledge. Deloitte Legal combines global perspective with local insights to help them develop and execute those solutions.
Our regulatory and compliance services provide support to clients in areas such as:
- Business Integrity and Financial Crime
- Antitrust, Competition, and Trade
- Financial Services Regulation and Investigations Regulation
- Public law
Private Clients Legal Services
Deloitte Legal brings together practitioners from across the Deloitte network to deliver insights and advice to private businesses and individuals around the world. Our private clients legal services teams help these clients address the unique challenges they face throughout the business lifecycle, unlocking potential for growth, innovation, expansion, corporate governance, and succession planning.
Our practitioners tailor the full scope of business law services for:
- Privately-owned and small cap businesses
- High-net-worth individuals
- Family-run businesses and their family offices
- Small, high-growth enterprises
- Private equity funds/houses and their portfolio companies
Deloitte Legal serves real estate clients in countries across the world with a broad range of services. Many of the Deloitte Legal practices serve the industry’s largest REITs and property companies, construction and engineering companies, and real estate investors.
- Real estate transactions and due diligence
- Ownership restructuring
- Financing and syndication
- Lease and sublease agreements
- Registration services
- Development, building, and planning
Banking & Finance
Deloitte Legal practitioners serve clients with a variety of banking and securities legal solutions. Our banking and finance team has built an extensive track record advising on transactional banking. Working alongside financial advisors, tax, and accounting practitioners, our lawyers provide clients a unique holistic value.
Services focus on financing transactions, including new money financings in bilateral and syndicated loans, refinancing, and loan restructurings. Our lawyers also support clients across all areas of funding arrangements such as operating and finance agreements and intra-group funding.
Deloitte Legal’s experienced practitioners bring a practical focus to commercial law solutions that help clients manage increasingly rigorous regulations and local enforcement. Our lawyers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams, with colleagues in disciplines such as tax, consulting, risk, financial advisory, and professionals focusing on key sectors and industries. This cross-functional approach helps Deloitte Legal offer clients a holistic perspective.
- Commercial Advisory
- Commercial Contracts
- Full-Scale Pre-Insolvency Solutions
- Transfer Pricing Documentation, Intra-Group Contracting