We want to make an impact that matters. It’s our reason for being – our purpose.
Deloitte’s shared values guide us as we live our purpose. They unite us across cultures and geographies and help us to earn the trust and respect of our people, our clients and society.
“The role of business in helping respond to society’s biggest challenges has never been more important. We are committed to playing a leading role in building trust in business, driving more inclusive and sustainable growth, and enhancing skills, education and inclusion for all.“
Richard Houston (Senior Partner and CEO, Deloitte UK and Deloitte North and South Europe)
Why is purpose important?
The role of business in society is shifting. Staying true to our purpose and values has never been more critical, especially given the impact of COVID-19.
Our Global Millennial Survey reveals the expectations on business leaders to help tackle society’s challenges and build a better future. We also know from our Human Capital Trends report that a growing number of companies are linking strategy to purpose, and that the future of work will bring unprecedented change.
As a firm, we have an opportunity to help build trust in business and lift confidence in the economy.
Putting purpose at our heart
Our purpose is central to our ambition. It’s reflected in our values, the investment we make in our people and our commitment to equality and inclusion. It shows in our work with clients and the entities we audit, as well as our support for social enterprises and charity partners.
At Deloitte, we are:
- Embedding a purpose mind-set: By asking ourselves the right questions, we will make more conscious choices about what we do and why.
- Amplifying our impact: As the Fourth Industrial Revolution advances, millions of people are being left behind. We can help bridge the gap, creating brighter futures and access to opportunity through skills, education and inclusion.
Our purpose in action
We believe our people are at their best when they connect their work to a greater cause. We want them to achieve their potential, understand their contribution and feel proud of their impact. And we want a culture that encourages everyone to be themselves.
Our purpose is at the core of our people processes and experiences - from how and who we recruit and the ways in which we evaluate performance, to how we develop our future talent.
We engage with our people to generate fresh ideas for how we can bring our purpose to life. We have also introduced training to embed it across the firm.
Take a look at what we are doing to make an impact that matters for our people.
Our purpose is also central to our work with clients. We aim to:
- Serve with quality and distinction - tackling our clients’ most complex problems, making a measurable and attributable impact, and building trust in the entities we audit and in capital markets.
- Lead the profession - by challenging ourselves to do what matters most, delivering innovative ideas that reflect our capabilities, and driving corporate reform in the public interest
- Contribute to progress in society – acting in the public interest, upholding integrity, and supporting the community.
Here are some examples of our client work.
We want to make a positive impact on society through everything we do, as set out in our Commitment to Responsible Business Practices.
When it comes to our clients, quality and integrity underpin our work and our Global Principles of Business Conduct articulate the high standards we strive to achieve. We are also guided by our Ethics Code.
Through our WorldClass and WorldClimate initiatives, we are focusing our efforts to help address some of today’s most pressing challenges.
Take a look at how our initiatives are benefitting society.
+44 (0)28 9053 1197