Who we are Bookmark has been added
Who we are
Leading the way in professional services
Our vision? To make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society.
It’s a vision that has spanned our 160-year history. In 1849, William Deloitte invented a rigorous system to protect investors in the expanding Great Western Railway network against fraud. Such was its success that the company’s shareholders recommended the practice of external auditors be adopted into law. And so both the independent audit, and Deloitte as a firm, were born.
That innovative mind-set of William Deloitte lives on in our firm today, as we push the boundaries of our work in consulting and corporate finance advisory. By harnessing the power of technology, our people are responding to the ever evolving needs and challenges of clients and society. From the outset, our values of quality and integrity have never wavered. We seek to drive higher standards of governance and transparency through our audit and tax practices, bringing confidence to the key decisions of business and government alike.
At Deloitte, we create unrivalled opportunities for our people to build successful careers that meet their aspirations as well as deliver for our clients. We nurture the talent of the future – volunteering in schools and mentoring promising entrepreneurs, helping grow business leaders who can have a wide impact on UK plc.
It is through all this and more that we can realise our vision of supporting client success, fostering sustainable economic growth and a more prosperous society.
A few key facts about us
In FY16, Deloitte in the UK:
- Employed over 16,000* people
- Generated revenues of over £3.0 billion from our work in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory
- Hired over 1,000 graduates
- Invested £34.7 million in learning and development for employees
- Signed external audit reports for over 15,500 entities
- Helped prepare and file over 21,600 corporate, VAT and personal tax returns
- Advised on 43% of Main Market IPOs*
- Provided 46,800 volunteering hours to charities and community organisations
- Supported over 4,500 students through the Deloitte Access programme.
*1 All revenue and employee figures represent UK and Swiss operation operations (and exclude CIS and Financial Advisory Middle East operations.)
*2 Premium Listings by trading companies only (i.e. investment companies, venture capital trusts, transfers from other markets, cash shells etc. have been excluded).