Governance in brief
Governance in brief is a summary of the latest corporate governance developments, incorporating details of the source, relevant dates and links to further information
BEIS Select Committee inquiry report calls for reforms to the UK Corporate Governance Code and greater enforcement
A next step in the corporate governance reform agenda has been the publication in April 2017 of the BEIS Select Committee inquiry report. The key recommendations coming out of the report are explored in our Governance in brief, covering:
- Improved stakeholder engagement by companies (s172, CA2006)
- Reform and reporting of executive pay
- The role and professional development of non-executive directors
- The importance of gender and ethnic diversity to encourage diverse boardroom thinking
- Board composition and appointment of board members
- Thorough, independent and consistent board evaluation
- A new corporate governance code and enforcement for large private companies
- Recommendations for investors and the Stewardship Code
The next Government is expected to continue with elements of corporate governance reform and the FRC has indicated it will be consulting on changes to the UK Corporate Governance Code in the autumn.
Our governance library
Explore our governance library to find recent editions of our governance publications and updates. Directors may register to receive updates by email and can become members of the Deloitte Academy to attend briefings and debate topics in a private setting. For further details contact email@example.com
The Global Center collaborates with Deloitte member firms to promote dialogue and activity on the critical topic of corporate governance and its impact on corporations and their boards, investors, and others.