Episode 12: Has there been enough cultural change in the financial sector? has been saved
Episode 12: Has there been enough cultural change in the financial sector?
Regulated Radio podcasts
How do we deal with a challenge as difficult as cultural change in the financial sector? More than ten years on since the financial crisis, what’s still on the agenda of financial authorities? In this packed episode, Scott Martin speaks to Andrew Bulley and Orla Hurst from the Centre for Regulatory Strategy, as well as Rose-Marie Kennedy from Deloitte Ireland. Tune in now to find out what they see as the four most up-and-coming trends in financial services culture and what Financial Services firms can expect to happen next.
- What are the most important trends in the approach of supervisors to culture in the financial sector?
- What jurisdictions are we supervisors seeing take a renewed interest in culture?
- What has been the recent experience of UK and Irish firms in addressing their culture?
- What is ‘psychological safety’ and what does it have to do with instilling a culture of challenge in a firm?
- What effect will technological trends like the digitalisation of banking have on firm culture outcomes?
Events like the global financial crisis have shined a light on how poor culture in the industry can lead to bad outcomes, sometimes with some very serious financial consequences for society.