Special Episode: What’s in store for 2020? has been saved
Special Episode: What’s in store for 2020?
Regulated Radio podcasts
Welcome to the Twenties! It’s a new year and a new decade, and the first question that’s on our mind is how financial sector leaders can navigate the regulatory and commercial challenges ahead. In this special episode, our host, Scott Martin is joined by David Strachan and Andrew Bulley to talk about their 2020 Regulatory Outlook, and Ian Stewart, Deloitte’s UK Chief Economist, is back to tell us what he’s seeing in the economy and in markets. From sustainability and cyber risk to new technologies and changing demographics, we scan the horizon for what the financial industry can expect in the year ahead. Join us!
- What kind of economic environment and risks will financial services firms likely face in 2020?
- What effect is a retrenchment from globalisation, or “slow-balisation”, having on regulatory cooperation?
- What are the biggest challenges that regulators and firms will face as a result of the regulatory agenda for the next 12 months?
- How will regulators respond to risks arising from ageing populations and more millennials in the work force?
- How will regulators scale-up the work they are doing on the sustainability of financial firms and products?
- Will cyber and operational resilience risks complicate how the financial sector adopts new technologies?
Stepping back from the detail…the biggest challenge remains the sheer volume of regulatory change on the horizon.