Women at the wheel
A network of pioneering women accelerating the UK automotive industry
Welcome to Women at the Wheel UK
We are an organisation dedicated to developing women who want to become the next generation of automotive industry leaders.
- Whether you’re just starting your career, already down the path to leadership, or considering a switch to the automotive industry - we want to welcome you to the group. We are working against a set of ambitions and principles - driving towards increasing talented, hard-working women in leadership positions across the industry.
- We are committed to promoting equality, empowering women and developing careers and to remove any barriers that prevent advancement in the automotive industry. However, we believe in full and inclusive participation for all -regardless of gender. Everyone is welcome and has the right to contribute talents, skills and resources to the work we do and participate in the events we host.
Stay up to date with what's happening by reading our latest round-up newsletter.
Membership is free and you will benefit from access to a programme of events held around the UK, access to interviews with leading women, the opportunity to interact and share views and perspectives with the network.
We have created a series of events focused on key themes, including mentoring/sponsorship; Personal Branding; Smart Commitments.
Each event will be interactive and provide practical takeaway’s relevant to the theme - to make it “real” to the participants.
Note: our events are for members only.
- Small group coaching
Following the success of our 2017 session, Sally Fisher (founder of Ah-Ha! Limited) will join us again for an engaging evening where we will look at how we can build more confidence and develop the ability to consistently deliver peak performance under pressure.
Date: Thursday 25, October 2018
Location: Brindley Place, Birmingham (1700 – 2000)
- Site Visit! Caterpillar Construction Products
Learn about other 4 wheel products with a visit to CAT’s first UK manufacturing site and the opportunity to try a backhoe yourself!
Date: Tuesday 13, November 2018
Location: Leicestershire (1330 – 1800)
- Six Sigma Webinar - July 2018
Dr.Ajith Parlikad from the Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, joined us from 12:30 – 13:00 on 20th July, to discuss the theory behind Six Sigma and answer any of your questions on this topic.
- 8 March 2018 International Women’s Day
Celebrationof Women in Automotive
- Mentorship vs. Sponsorship
Learn how to make the most of your network and actively use both mentor and sponsor relationships in this interactive session
,followedby drinks and networking
Date: Tuesday 18, September 2018
:TheLandmark Hotel, London (1700 – 2000)
Here you will find inspired links and notable news in our article library, you can also read Women on the road which is a report back on industry events the Women at the Wheel members have attended. Updated each month they are available to review at your leisure.
Please send us anything newsworthy for inclusion this could include videos; podcasts; written articles; commentary or even mentions of our very own network to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women at the Wheel
An interview with Caroline Nathan
Caroline is a new product introduction (NPI) manager with Caterpillar.
How did you start in the industry?
I did my Masters degree and moved to London working at McKinsey. I subsequently joined City University Business school as Alumni Officer for their shipping and finance course. Read more...