Deloitte Football Money League 2017
Welcome to the 20th edition of the Deloitte Football Money League in which we profile the highest revenue generating clubs in world football.
Published just eight months after the end of the 2015/16 season, the Money League is the most contemporary and reliable analysis of the clubs’ relative financial performance.
Aggregate revenue for the top 20 Money League clubs rose 12% to €7.4 billion (£5.5 billion) in 2015/16, a new record, with three clubs breaking the €600m barrier.
Manchester United replace Real Madrid at Money League summit
Manchester United regained first place in the Money League 2017, breaking the 11-year hold that Real Madrid had on top spot. Record revenue of €689m (£515.3m) reflected strong growth across all three revenue categories (matchday, broadcast and commercial), boosted by the club’s return to the UEFA Champions League and new commercial partnerships.
FC Barcelona (€620.2m) and Real Madrid (€620.1m) complete the Money League top three, as they did in the first edition of the Money League, produced for the 1996/97 season.
Leicester City reap financial reward after historic championship season
To cap a remarkable year, Leicester City take their place as the 20th highest revenue-generating club in world football. Boosted by their title-winning campaign, their 2015/16 revenue of €172.1m (£128.7m) is almost five times as much as the amount they generated two years previously in the 2013/14 season.
With Premier League clubs set to benefit from increased revenue due to their record television contracts in 2016/17, there is a strong chance that almost all Premier League clubs will be in the top 30 clubs next year.
To mark the 20th edition of the Money League, our infographic profiles the evolution of the Money League since it was first published in 1997.
2017 slideshare report
Read and share the highlights from the report via our Deloitte Football Money League 2017 Slideshare presentation:
For previous editions, back to 2006, please click on the links here below, or contact us directly:
- Deloitte Football Money League 2016, Top of the Table
- Deloitte Football Money League 2015, Commercial breaks
- Deloitte Football Money League 2014, All to play for
- Deloitte Football Money League 2013, Captains of industry
- Deloitte Football Money League 2012, Fan Power
- Deloitte Football Money League 2011, The Untouchables
- Deloitte Football Money League 2010, Spanish Masters
- Deloitte Football Money League 2009, Lost in translation
- Deloitte Football Money League 2008, Gate receipts
- Deloitte Football Money League 2007, The reign in Spain
- Deloitte Football Money League 2006, Changing of the guard